Chapter 4

Peeta's POV
I feel sorry for this poor girl but she won't even talk to me. I know she is young and probably way more frightened than I am but there's no reason to ignore me, is there ?
Effie was talking to us but I wasn't listening I was much to worried about where I would be in 3 weeks. Dead . Was the only answer I had in mind. I managed to tune into the end of her speech when she got up and announced " right, I'll go find Haymich!" She seamed to announce everything she said like it was going to change my life! The only words she ever said that changed my fate was when she called my name at the reaping. "He's probably in the bar!" She continued and then proceeded to strut out.
"Do you know him?"
I tried to beak the ice.
Nothing.
I was about to give up on getting a answer when a small shy voice said
"Who Haymich?"
I nodded my head.
"No, all I know is that he was the last victor."
She seamed to be very shy.
I wanted her as an allie, imagine how heroic I would look. Me a 18 year old boy worried for his own life helping a young 12 year old girl terrified for her life. I would have no trouble getting sponsored!
Primrose opened her mouth to speak when she was silenced by a door opening. We were greeted by an blond haired old guy. He was the only victor for district 12 and yet he looked neither heroic nor sober. He could barely walk. He stumbled over to where the alcohol was and poored himself what I think was gin.
"Where is the ice!" He yelled out to us.
Primrose jumped and sat in shock. I took the opportunity to answer.
"I don't know"
I truthfully answered but showed some annoyance in the way he was acting towards us. He picked the lid up of a tin saw there was no Ice and slammed it onto the table. This caused primrose to jump again and my hatred for this man to deepen. How could I look heroic with this drunken by my side? How could I win the games with him as my mentor?
My odds of staying alive in the games we getting thinner and it was sinking in all to fast for me.
🚆🚆🚆🚆🚆🚆🚆🚆🚆🚆🚆🚆
Thanks for reading let me know what you think and sorry it took so long to update xxxx