Chapter 5

Primroses POV

I have already decided I don't like this man. He was a drunk old guy. Not my mentor. I guess even if you do win the games you're still never a winner. I've thought about it for a while now and have made a decision I want to die in the games!
I know this sounds like a horrible thing to say but it's true. I could try to win, but why would I want to end up like this guy? I will try my best of course but what have I got to live for? My mother does nothing but sit around all day since my father died and katness just goes out either hunting or with gale.
"So when do we start training and stuff..." Peeta began but was cut off by a loud groan from haymitch.
" why are you so eager?"
He moaned. I don't think dying will be a big problem with this guy helping me!
He and peeta spoke (well more like argued) for about 10 minutes longer when haymitch left the carriage of the train we were on, leaving just me and peeta on our own.
"I'm sorry he can't help us more" Peeta said with a sense of guilt in his voice.
"It's not your fault, I guess that's what winning the games does to you" I said trying to be sympathetic as he seamed generally upset by the fact this man was a drunk.
"I know it's too early and you haven't met the other tributes but I want to ask you a big question" I nodded my head.
" do you want to be my allie ?"
Wow it was a big question but how should I respond?