Chapter 20 . .

Narrator Point Of View . . .

The sun crept through the blinds of Curry's large California home. He blinked waking up from his sleep, letting his eyes adjust to the morning light. His head was pounding, barely able to sit up he looked around the room. He was fully dressed, sprawled along his bed. Feeling a presence in his bed and turned. Almost when he sees the body next to him. Jumping up quickly, he ripped Kayla's blanket off of her. Revealing she was too in her clothes from the night before. The night before. 

At that same moment, memories flooded his mind of all the events that took place, feeling his heart beat speed up he looked around for his room as his head began spinning. He had millions upon millions of notifications, calls and voice mails from his publicist. His lungs felt like they were submerged in water as he sat down, reality setting in. Trying to get himself together he felt a kiss on his ear. "Wardell, you were so drunk last night. You passed out before we could do anything, its been so long since I felt your touch."  slowly she sunk down on his lap, and he shooed her off. 

"Kayla get out my house now, I don't want any part of you."  he pointed toward his door throwing a purse to her. Rolling her eyes in frustration the ebony woman spoke "Look, you messed up last night. You're kicking me out for what? Skye? She won't want you honey please. Wardell, I'll be more of a woman then she could ever wish she was."  stomping her foot on the carpet she crossed her arms. "Kayla, last night you knew I was drunk. You used me, so you have 10 seconds to get out my damn house."  gripping the edge of his chair at her last remark he watched her scoff before filing down the hallway. 

Once the front door slammed shut he rushed to change his clothes and grab his phone. Fumbling around with the contact list on his phone he found Skye's number. After the first ring, it went straight to voicemail. So he called again,again, and again. Leaving several text messages before attempting more calls. He just wanted to talk to her. Reverting his attention from her number he tried Emerald, after two calls he finally got her on the line. "Some nerve you must have."  the attitude spilled out the phone, no hello or hey needed. 

"Is she okay?" he bit his lip, as he tapped his fingers along the driving wheel. "If by okay you mean, crying, depression, and being bullied by everyone on every source of social media. She's great Steph. Just great."  before the young man could answer the phone line went dead signalling she had hung up. Stricken with a even more great deal of guilt he sighed as he parked into Klay's driveway.  He was a monster. 

Klay . . .

Emerald had left to go be with Skye as I heard Steph come in, no doubt he looked rough. I could tell he was hungover too. Regret sat in his eyes as he took the seat across from the couch in my living room. Slowly he began to speak. "I don't know what to do." rubbing his templates he looked over at me. I honestly didn't know what to tell him, he basically ruined Kyrie and Skye's lives. Socially,Privacy wise, and for Skye, emotionally. He knew that, and so did everyone else. "I honestly I have no idea. She's not gonna answer you no matter how many times you call or text. The only advice I can give you is, go to her. Explain yourself. Though I don't know if that will even help." shrugging my shoulders I stand up.

"That's what I'll do. I have to try, she's so special man. I didn't mean any of that stuff. It was only in the moment. Rage mixed with alcohol." getting upset he paced the room anxiously. "Don't tell me that, tell her." I squirm my eyebrows getting tired, "You're right. I am. But can you take me?" he pleaded, "You have a car, and your legs work fine." sarcasm filled my voice even though this probably wasn't the best time for it. "If she sees my car, she'll never answer the door. Klay, please?" I sigh grabbing my keys off the kitchen counter. 

"You're lucky I'm your best friend." 

  Narrator Point Of View . . . 

The two men pulled up to the rented apartment condo Skye had.Nervousness took over Stephen's body as Klay knocked on the door lightly, standing to the side he replayed what he was going to say in his head over and over. Then the door slung open. "Hey Kla-"

Her words were cut short as Skye looked up to meet the hazel green ones of Steph. He could tell she had been crying, she looked tired with bags under her eyes. But somehow through all the hate she was radiating toward him Steph still found her beautiful. "You can come in, he can't." the young woman didn't even acknowledge the NBA star. Sighing he decided to make the first move. 

"Skye, please let m-" before he can explain a sharp pain comes in contact across his face. She slapped him. "Don't fucking talk to me. Say my name, think of me. Attempt to talk to me. Delete my number, any picture you have of me. All the pictures of me on any of your social networks. Delete me out your life Stephen." the words pounded into him like bullets. She didn't even call him by his real first name. 

"I can't do that. You mean too much to me. Skye please." he held in the small tears that he knew were developing in his eyes. "You know what it doesn't even matter, soon I'm leaving and I won't have to see you either way." she crossed her arms slowly frowning. "You're leaving California? What about your job?" confusion set in  the eyes of Curry. 

"My job isn't even in America, I'm moving to London." 

And with those words the condo door shut in his face. 

☼ ☼ ☼ 

Alright, important info I guess. There will only be 22 chapters in this book. Meaning there are only 2 chapters left. Maybe one. So who knows, the next chapter may be the last. I know it seems kind of sudden but trust me it's going to all end and make sense. I hope you liked this, I knew I couldn't leave people hanging after that last chapter cx . If you read Tumor I'm going to update that now lol. Oh and if any of you guys ever need covers, I have a request book. So go fill that out if you want to spruce up ya book c: 

Comment - & Vote ☼ 

( 1,006 words, Grammar Editing )