Jacaquline Snyder

I slowly opened my eyes and slouched out of bed. Then I dragged my feet to the closet and changed unwillingly out of my pajamas, then I tried to stay positive and said to myself, "Jacaquline , it's September 27, only three more days until- WAIT! Jacaquline , it's September 27, you're finally 18!"

I never wore a smile so big on my face ever.

Whenever you turned eighteen, you decided if you wanted to leave your faction or move. My faction was Mithril. It was so very quiet that you could heard a pin drop until the kids got out of school. I wanted to move because I was tired of my job and the lack of adventures. I will admit that I did enjoy the pastries galore.

When I walked to my family's house I tried not to look so happy. I tried to look like I was going to miss Mithril. It was a morning full of tears, tight hugs, and goodbyes.

They gave my little presents as a goodluck. I got a beautiful silvery-blue pin that had Mithril's badge on it and many, many pastries.

I went back to my house and dressed comfortably because, who knew how long I would be searching? I tied my hair back and wore the silvery-blue pin. I packed all my clothes and when I was at the door, I turned around and just stood there for a second. I slowly shut my eyes to hear the silence in my house, knowing it was my final hour here. After a few minutes, I opened my eyes and I took a last look around. Finally, I threw my bag over my head and stuffed the pastries and my Regals, our currency, inside.

As I went down the street, all the kids threw themselves and hugged me. This caused me to grow a large smile. They all asked me where I was going. Then I said, "I don't where I'm going yet, but I know it will be an adventure." They looked at me with their eyes as big as plates and then one small voice squeaked,"Miss Snyder? We have a present for you." Next, they brought me a small paper heart which said, 'We Love you Miss Snyder', and all the names scrawled at the bottom. Finally, I kneeled to their level and hugged them. After a few minutes, they finally broke apart with some of them crying.

I waved my final goodbye to all of my family and friends as I stepped out of the North gate. I felt tears being held back as I walked the path to the boat rides. Luckily, Mithril is quite close to the boats so I didn't have walk until my feet were ached. When I reached the boat rides, I saw that the sailors wanted to leave on the double. So I picked up my pace and sat down as quickly as I could near the end, so I could see Mithril for a last time.