~ Chapter 5|Soul Searching~

~Amy's POV~

As we rode up the escalator, I finally decided where I wanted to go. I led the girls to the Fro-yo shop. We quickly claimed our place in line and waited our turn. We waited in line for about seven minutes until we were at the front counter. "Good day ladies, what would you like to order today!", said the young man behind the front desk. "Hmmm, what would you guys like?" "Oh, do they have peaches and cream?", asked the rabbit girl. "We sure do!", said the employee. "I'll have key-lime", Rouge stated. "Blaze?" "I'll have what Cream is having", Blaze stated blankly. "And I'll have vanilla bean please!", I said as he started to add up the prices. "That'll be twelve dollars and fifty nine cents." "Alright I got it.", I was reaching for my pocketbook until he told me to wait a minute. "Hey-all you ladies are kinda cute, so why don't I knock off half the price and make it six dollars and fifty nine cents?" "Oh but I've got all the money right he...", Rouge griped my mouth shut. "that would be wonderful!, you really know how to flatter a girl." , Rouge said in a flirtatious tone. " hehe, I try ", he had a huge blush plastered across his face. I gave him the money, and he gave us our frozen yogurt. We all sat a round table and started eating our fro-yo.

"How is it Cream?", Blaze asked. " It's not as good as my mama's, but it's still tasty!" "oh...", Blaze took a spoonful of it to her mouth. As I was enjoying my fro-yo, Rouge started to plan out our day. "First off, I'm taking Amy to go get some new clothes to expand her wardrobe a little bit. Cream is there anywhere you would like to take Amy?", asked the white bat. "How about we go get our hair done?", Cream suggested. "I would like that." "Hey Blaze can I talk to you for a moment?", I wanted to get some more advice.

"What is it you wish to talk about Amy?", Blaze asked listening contently. "How do I reach this state of... self happiness?" "I'm sorry to say I can't fully answer your question, all I can really provide is my experience and how I got to this state.", the pyrokinetic cat answered. "Unlike you I grew up alone and underwent some serious training in order to become a great princess and ruler of my kingdom, therefore I was forced in to seclusion, any and every situation I was ever in was performed in solitude, until I met Cream.", Blaze spoke with a sense of nostalgia. " That was a few years back I recall, she was so young yet she was the first to ever help me, although I thought it was my responsibility she offered assistance anyway. And then I ran across him-Sonic. I guess you could say he was a huge influence pertaining to my change in mentality towards relationships-not friendship, but relationships. I then came to the realization that it was because of the way I was raised that I was able to really understand what I stand for and who I am as a person-I was able to spend that much time with myself. And because of that, I was able to build relationships with others, without changing who I was in the process. Sonic wanted to help me, although when we first encountered I took it as pity or belittlement, I held on to my pride. But after I figured I couldn't defeat eggman alone in order to save Cream or the Sol emeralds, I had to rely on the mutual relationship we had based off our previous encounters. He helped me defeat eggman, which forced me to change my mentality in the first place, but I don't regret it. " You, Amy, on the other hand have been surrounded by others your whole life, and have basically absorbed every belief you've ever been told and claimed them as your own. I believe that you admired Sonic to the point of thinking like him. with that being said, I believe you have a lot of soul searching, because I don't believe you want to continue being someone who you aren't.", Blazed stated a she turned her back to go visit Cream.

~third point of view~

Who's to say Amy wanted to change who she was completely? She didn't want to change everything about herself especially not her mentality about the world and everything on it, about her morals and sins, her goals. but it had to be done in order for her to ever be happy, genuinely happy.

Amy made her way over to the girls just as they were all finishing their yogurts. "Darling are you ready to go?",asked the albino bat. "Uhhh you betcha" stuttered Amy. "So where are we going next Ms.Rouge",questioned the rabbit girl. "I'm glad you asked my young pupil, we're going to Rainbow and a couple other stores to get ourselves some new outfits." "I've plenty of clothes, I'll just be there to accompany you all, but please let's make this quick I'll have to be leaving in an hour or so.",Blaze stated. "It shouldn't take that long, right Rouge?" "Of course it won't sweetheart, but the longer we stand here talking about it,the longer it will take." "Alright let's go then Ms.Amy, Ms.Rouge, Ms.Blaze",Cream replied with a smile.