Chapter 2

I had told Melissa I would sleep on it and let her know today what I decide to do with the spread. I walked into the office and was immediately greeted with about 20 vases of purple roses all over Ms. Robinson desk and on the floor beside her.

"Morning Mrs. Robinson, someone seems to be loved" I smiled at her.

"Oh no honey, someone loves you" she laughed.

"Who?" I laughed.

"All these roses are for you Miss Thang" she handed me a card with my name on the front.

I opened the card not knowing who it could be from, I wasn't talking to or dating anyone. I began to read, "I aint about to beg but I know I don't have no other option. I want you to do my spread and I only ask that you let me take you to dinner, one night, one meal. I hope you enjoy the roses. August".

"It's that August boy, aint it?" Mrs. Robinson smiles at me.

"Yes" I laughed.

"Girl, he want you Audrey, give him a chance" she picked up a vase.

"Come open up your office so I start bringing in these vases".

I followed behind Mrs. Robinson with a vase in my hand. I placed it at my desk and sighed at my view of all these purple roses. I had to call him now to thank him. Which was probably his plan all along.

I dialed Coco's number I could just leave a message with her.

"Hello, Coco speaking"

"Hey Coco, its Audrey from Complex"

"Hey Audrey, how are you?"

"I'm doing fine hun and yourself?"

"Good, good, is there something I can do for you?"

"Yes, I wanted to thank August for my roses"

"That's Audrey Coco?" I heard his southern accent ask in the background.

"August would like to speak to you", I began to decline but I was suddenly met his his voice.

"Hello?" his voice sent chills down my spine.

"Hello Mr.Alsina"

"What I told you bout that?"

"Hi August" I sighed

"That's more like it, how are you beautiful?"

"I'm fine, I just wanted to say thanks for the roses"

"Purple your favorite color right?"

"Ha, yes it is... how did you guess?"

"No one wears purple pumps and glasses while carrying a purple notepad without liking it that much"

I giggled at that statement.

"Oh really" I laughed,

"Well thanks for my purple roses" I continued.

"You are very welcome, did you decide if you going to let me take you out"

"Well that's why I called, I was wondering if you can come see me sometime this week"

"Like today?" I head the excitement in his voice.

"Yes if it works for you, today would be just fine"

"Turn this motha around, I got some important bizness to attend to" I heard him yell to someone behind him in the car.

I giggled to myself as I heard him make fuss, he was really something.

"Look, I'll be there around 2, don't go nowhere, not even lunch!" he came back to me on the phone.