◾Chapter 4◾

I let out a sigh as I exited my bedroom. The last three hours had been spent making last minute altercations to my wedding gown. The beautiful Grecian wedding dress was sleeveless, with a sweetheart neckline and a slight ruffle starting at the waistline and parting to show another pearly white layer underneath. It's one of the few traditions left after Obliteration, a white wedding dress. Embarrassingly, my hips were wider than my future mother-in-law has assumed when she ordered the dress before meeting me. At least the dress was lovely. Mrs. Mendel had warned me about further widening my 'ungodly hips' before the wedding.

I'd been finding that she was just wonderful.

Continuing on my way down the hall, I walked down to the library. Upon my arrival, I gently tapped my knuckles against the cherry wood door. Hearing no response, I pushed it open and scanned the room in hopes of finding my father. He was there. Sitting in the far corner, away from the fireplace, immersed in one of the books he loved.

He didn't have to look up, my scent giving me away. "No."

I sighed and put on my best pleading face, knowing it wouldn't work. "I haven't been outside for almost a week. My wolf is extremely anxious. This week has been really stressful." I reminded him, making sure to keep my voice soft and submissive.

Father didn't even consider it. "No."

Luckily for me, my brother walked in. "Xacian and I will take her."

Talon was three years older than me, making him twenty-two. We'd never been close growing up. Mother had complications during my delivery and never truly recovered. He blamed me for her illness. Although he'd help me get out of the castle. He'd helped to give me opportunities to shift.

Father looked over his book at Talon and the air seemed to thicken with tension as he weighed his options. If he gave in and let me go outside, it would look like Talon was more dominant or he was giving me what I needed. If he didn't give in and kept me inside, he could seem a cruel Alpha or mistrustful of Xacian's ability to keep me safe and out of trouble.

Ah, mind games. Nice job, Talon.

My father refused to look at me, "Be no later the five. We have a formal dinner with a select few of the wedding guests."

I beamed and thanked him as if it was his decision to let me go and not Talon's manipulation. I'll thank my brother once we're out of Father's hearing range.

Talon, Xacian, and I exited the library. I would have skipped or, in the very least, walked faster if Xacian weren't there. I was still embarrassed about my cowardly flight from the dining room yesterday morning.