Chapter 5|| She's The She-Demon?

The Expresso is cozy, small coffee shop that's good to meet with friends on a chilly day. I take a deep breath of the rich smell of coffee, I walk towards the counter and order a medium mocha cappuccino with extra whip cream.

I look around the area to see where my friend is, and spot her in the corner table by the window. I start my way towards her and give her a hug. 

"Hey, why did you pick this place?" I ask her setting my coat around the chair and sitting myself down. "Don't we usually go to The Coffee Addict close to your house?"

"Oh, you know, I thought it would be a good change of scenery." She answered taking a sip of her coffee.

I have to agree with Dani, because outside does look magical. The trees might look plain and barren, but the snow covering them makes them look as if they're wearing a big white coat. This might seem strange, but Winter has always been my favorite season. Just the idea of wrapping yourself in a warm blanket and drinking hot chocolate seems like the perfect day to me.

"What were you doing at lunch today that you couldn't make it to lunch with me and Nathan?" 

"Oh, you know, I just had some business to handle with the new guy." She replied casually as if she talks to Sebastian aka, the bad boy, everyday.

I look at her confusedly, "You had business to handle... What kind of business?"

She rolls her eyes at me, "Stop worrying Ally, there was just something I had to say to him."

Before I could question her further, the waiter came over with my drink and I smiled at him and thanked him. I almost have to contain my excitement on how much whipped cream they put on my drink.

I lick my lips and groan as the best coffee I've ever tasted touched my tongue. 

"So, where were you? You got here pretty quickly even though you live about 30 minutes away from here." Dani swiftly changed the subject.

"No where, important." I said vaguely, not wanting to tell her about what happened. "I have so much to tell you though." 

I tell her about what happened in the cafeteria today, and I see her face change from being happy to having a scowl on her face. "Wow, what a jerk! I can't believe he would do that to you; especially you."

I cut her off, and glare at her, "What do you mean by 'especially you'?"

To my surprise she actually looks shocked that I'm mad at her. "I didn't mean it like that Alina! I was just saying how you're the nicest girl in the whole school, why would he mess with you?"

Shit, I feel bad now, she was only looking out for me. "I'm sorry Dani, I just thought you were thinking of something else, I'm also sorry about what happened earlier today."

"I know, I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have been angry at you for worrying over me." We get up and give each other a hug before going to her car so she could give me a ride home.

<<<<||>>>>

When I get home, I see that my parent's car is in the driveway. 

"Mom! Dad! Are you guys home?" I yelled.

"We're in the living room!" My mom hollered back.

I take my shoes off, and walk into the room and see my parents watching a movie. And when I mean watching, I mean my dad is working at his study desk, and my mom is typing a document on her laptop. The movie is more like background noise to fill the silence. 

"Hey honey, how was school? What did you do after school?" My mom asked while her fingers are typing madly on the keyboard.

"Oh, nothing much. I just hung out with some friends at The Expresso." Technically, it's not a lie. I just excluded the part where I went to the new kids house.