Step 6: Getting Support

For your weight loss plan to be successful you will need motivation. Your motivation alone will not suffice. You need emotional supporters, and practical supporters as well.

Emotional supporters are people who support your dieting plan and help you in staying away from food by offering comforting , encouraging, and motivational words. These kinds of people are the ones you should keep around you. You do not need a person who keeps urging you to drop your diet and go eat JunkFood with them. If you have a fiancé, spouse or even a boyfriend/girlfriend who keeps getting you chocolate or your favorite ice-cream and you're too shy to say no, try talking to them and explaining your situation. Try to get them to become one of your emotional supporters.

Next, you need a practical supporter, who also wants to diet and lose weight. This person can accompany you throughout your journey to weight loss. You can get this person to go to gym with you or exercise at home with you and even help you in not eating the wrong foods. When you have a person with the same wants around you, you will feel better and get more motivation as you won't feel like you're the only one dieting in the world. Challenge each other to who can lose more weight a week or who can do more exercise.

And last but not least, you need self-motivation. Don't ever think that you cannot achieve your goal weight. Anything is possible and weight loss is not a complicated process that cannot be achieved. On the contrary, it is a very easy equation that works logically and easily. You just need to stay patient, avoid pills, avoid starvation techniques, and to not stop when you do not get early results.

Now that you have all the support you need, you are ready for the last step, Maintaing your weight loss.