Chapter 5

Shawn's POV:

I woke up to find Jess cuddling next to me. She looks so cute sleeping. I check my phone and see that it's 10:15 am. I decided to get up and make some breakfast for both Jess and I. I tried to get up without waking her. Once I got up I go to the bathroom brush my teeth and wash my face. Then I go downstairs to the kitchen.

I decided to make pancakes with scrambled eggs, and bacon. While I was setting the table Jess appeared at the living room rubbing her eyes and stretching making these weird noises. We both laughed.

"I smell bacon!" She says while smiling, I laugh.

"Yep, I just finished making pancakes with some scrambled eggs and bacon. You want?"

"Yes, please!" She says excited. I put a stack of pancakes on her plate and some on mine. Then I add the scrambled eggs and bacon to the side. I then add some syrup to the stack of pancakes and place our plates on the kitchen island. After we sat down we started eating.

"This is delicious." Jess says after she finished chewing.

"Why thank you, thank you." I smirk. I get up from my chair and bow down, she laughs which makes me laugh. Her laugh is so infectious, her laugh is just filled with so much happiness that it just makes me laugh too.

Once we're both done with our breakfast we stand up and put the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Thank you for the breakfast Shawn. It was delicious!" She says and giggles.

"No problem." I smile.

"Um hey I want to take a shower but.. I don't have my clothes so can I borrow one of your sweatpants and shirt? Please." She asks looking embarrassed.

"Sure, and we'll get your stuff later deal?" I say, she nods. Jess heads to the bathroom and I hand her a towel she can use and an unused toothbrush. She goes in the bathroom and I hear it lock but then I hear it unlock after about five seconds later. "Hey can you um turn on the shower for me I don't know how to work it." She says and giggles. I chuckle and nod. I go to the bathroom and turn it on for her and she thanks me.

I look in my drawers to find her some sweatpants and t-shirt. When I found some I organized them on the bed so she can see them and change. When I hear the shower stop I leave my room and go to the living room so she'll have space to change. After about 15 minutes I hear her walking down the stairs. She looks gorgeous with just sweatpants and a t-shirt on. It's amazing how she doesn't even have to try to look stunning but she still does.

"Uhm, I should go take a shower as well." I quickly say and she nods. When I head upstairs I turn on the shower and go inside. The warm water feels so relaxing on my skin. After about 20 minutes in the shower I decided to get out. I wrap a towel around my waist and unlock the bathroom door. After I get out the bathroom I see Jess looking underneath the bed.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry I was just looking for my phone. I don't know where I left it. I'm really sorry I'll just leave and let you change. Sorry again." She quickly said covering her face and leaving. I laugh an shake my head. I look in my drawers to find some underwear and boxers. After that I put on my clothes, shoes, and get a bit of gel and place it through my hair. Then, I go downstairs. "Jess"

"Yeah?" She asks.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask and she nods.

"I still haven't found my phone though." She says. I then pull out her phone from my pocket and hand it to her.

"I found it on the night stand." I say and laugh.

"Thank you." She says and giggles.

"No problem. Let's go."

***

Jessica's POV:

When we arrived in front of my house my hands begin to shake and my palms begin to sweat. Just having to remember what my dad has done to me in that house, the place I used to call home but has become a torture tamber brings back so much pain. Physically and mentally. No one has known the things I've been through. Not even Shawn. He might know the story, but just half of it, and I plan to keep it that way. Shawn must've noticed my hands shaking and how nervous I was because he grabbed my hand, locked it with his and gave me a small smile. I gave him a weak smile to sure him that I'm fine. I take a deep breath and climb out the car. Once I was getting closer to the door it was becoming harder for me to take over control of my nervousness. I reached towards the door and unlock it. When I walk in I see some dry blood on the wall and floor. To think that this happened just yesterday. I flinch away the thought from my head and go upstairs to my room without saying anything, while Shawn follows me.

After I got upstairs I took my suitcase to pack all my things inside. Honestly I didn't have much but I never really complained. As long as I had roof over my head I was just fine. After I  was finished packing up everything, the only thing left was the bed, drawer and the small television that I have. "Should I take my TV?" I asked facing Shawn.

"No, it's fine you can leave it there's plenty at my house." He says and I nod. After i'm done packing I go downstairs and take a good look at what used to be my home.

"Hey, do you have everything?" He said interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Oh um yeah." I replied. We leave and closed the door. Bye house.