Chapter 2

A/N: Hey guys! I forgot about this story because I thought nobody liked it, but I looked today and I saw that it got 142 reads :O! Thanks guys so much! I will be continuing this story, so I hope you enjoy! By the way I do not own Harry Potter and the characters.

"What's her deal?" questioned Harry. Ron shrugged and went back to eating his food.

Ginny watched Hermione as she left with questioning look on her face, "Excuse me boys, but I'm gonna go talk to Hermione."

Ginny walked out of the Great Hall and sprinted to the common room and said the password, "Baubles."

When she entered she saw Hermione pacing back and forth in the common room.

"Hey Hermione."

Hermione jumped and saw Ginny looking at her with a toothy grin.

"I thought you said you were doing homework?" said Ginny crossing her arms with a smirk.

"I-I am. I was just questioning how I was going to get it all done." said Hermione twiddling with her fingers. Hermione knew she was not good at lying and she was hoping she would convince Ginny somehow.

"Oh come on Hermione, I know you're lying." Ginny said

"Well I'm not! I have a Charms test next week and it is on very hard material! And our O.W.L.S are coming up as well! I just don't know what I am going to do Ginny." Hermione sat down on the common room couch sobbing into her hands.

Ginny froze but walked over, and sat next to Hermione. "Look Hermione. I am really sorry I didn't believe you. I...I just thought that you liked Ron for a minute there and I got all excited. I didn't know that you have so much to do. I'm sorry."

Ginny had her head down and Hermione wiped her tears away.

"Its ok Gin. I understand." Hermione realized that she handled this perfectly, and that not even Ginny was going to find out she fancied Ron.

A couple minutes later Harry and Ron walked into the common room, and they sat on the other couch across from the girls.

"They are having a crazy party in the Great Hall, but we got bored and left." said Harry.

Everyone was silent and Hermione was of course had her nose in her book.

"Hermione?" said Ron.

Hermione looked up from her Charms book, "Yes?"

"Our Charms test is not until next week. You should relax, it's Friday." said Ron taking Hermione's book from her.

"Ronald give me my book!" screamed Hermione.

"I will give you your book if you promise to not do any sort of school related things for the whole weekend." said Ron crossing his arms with a smirk on his face.

Hermione sighed, "Fine I promise." she had her hand out for the book and Ron put it down by a nearby table.

When Hermione and Ron sat down finally, the four friends were talking about how they can't wait for winter break.

"Maybe you and Hermione can come to the Burrow this Christmas!" Ginny told Harry and Hermione.

"I'll definitely come." said Harry thinking about how bad of a Christmas it would be with the Dursleys.

"What about you Hermione?" asked Ron.

"Well my parents are going to visit their friends from work this Christmas, but I do not wanna go there. All they talk about are teeth and dentistry things." sighed Hermione, "I would definitely love to go!"

The four friends kept on talking about how much fun they were going to have at the burrow this break. At about 11 o'clock everyone went to bed.

Hermione woke up from a scary dream and looked at the clock. It read 3 o'clock and she didn't feel like going back to sleep so she went down in the common room. When she went down she saw Harry sitting down by the fireplace. Harry heard the noise coming from the stairs and looked at Hermione giving her a grin.

Hermione sat next to Harry on the couch.

"Are you okay Harry?" asked Hermione.

"Yeah its just, I am really worried about what Voldemort is going to do this year." said Harry looking down at his hands.

"Don't worry about it Harry. It is all going to be fine." said Hermione.

After a couple minutes of silence, "Sorry to ask this Hermione, but why have you been acting so strange lately?"

Hermione gulped, "I honestly don't know why Harry, I have been questioning myself a lot this year and it just makes me stressed." she explained.

Harry nodded, "Do you know if Ginny is still dating Dean?" asked Harry.

"No, why?" asked Hermione.

"Well, I just don't know why but I think I sort of, kind of, fancy her. But I don't think she likes me." said Harry forming a tear in his eye.

Hermione felt really bad for Harry and realized she had to say it, "Don't tell Ginny I told you this, but she was talking to me yesterday and she said she fancied you." said Hermione.

"Really!" said Harry with amazement.

Hermione grinned, "And I think you two would make a really cute couple."

Harry laughed and Hermione smiled. The two stayed up the whole rest of the early morning talking about their lives and how they were excited to go to the burrow.