Chapter 1 - Luke

" Have fun, Luke." his mum told him monotonously. While walking into the arena, Luke felt as if his excitement was radiating off of him, he was surrounded by people who loved the same band as him lined up to see said band and for once his smile wasn't forced, it was genuine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-September-

I don't ever wanna be you

Don't wanna be just like you

What I'm sayin' is, this is the anthem

Throw all your hands up

You, don't wanna be you....

Luke sang along to the lyrics at the top of his lungs, along with everybody else in the crowd. He thought to himself about how the lyrics really related to his life, he didn't want to be just like what everyone expected him to be. He wanted to be his own person, write his own story, he didn't want someone else controlling his life.

He took a moment and looked at all the excitement and joy coming from the fans, everyone was having the time of their lives, jumping and their feet, screaming the lyrics to whatever song was being currently played. He looked back at the stage and noticed how the band was so energetic and was commanding the crowd. It was in that moment that he realized that some day, he wanted to be on a stage just like the one in front of him, with his own band playing along with him while looking over the sea of people that came to them play.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" How was it?" Liz asked once Luke had gotten into the car. Luke still feeling the adrenaline rush from the concert, couldn't stop moving around. His fingers were tapping the tune to the last song that Good Charlotte had just played, "It was amazing! You should have seen the way they played and how loud the crowd was!" "That's great, honey." Liz replied. Maybe you should just tell her now. "Hey mom?" "Yes?" Here goes nothing. "I think I might wanna play music when I'm older." Liz sighed, "Luke, honey, you know the chances of that happening are near impossible." I told you she wouldn't approve. She turned to her husband and whispered, "Maybe we should sign him up for more clubs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-October-

There was nothing worse than having to sit through yet another one of the mathematics club meetings. Luke sat in the very back of the class while the teacher in charge was trying to explain to the rest of the class how to solve a problem that one kid had trouble on. He watched the second hand move around the clock slowly, waiting so he can finally go home. He continued zoning out everything around him, until he felt someone take a seat next to him. No one sat in the back with him, ever. He turned his head slightly to get a glimpse of the person. He had tattoos covering his arms up to his neck and he had an ear and eyebrow piercing. Luke could smell the scent of cigarettes in his breath. He wore a black T-shirt along with a snap back, " You know they probably put you in all these clubs to keep you out of the house."

" What?"

" You heard me, they probably just want you out of the house."

" But- Wha-... How did you know my parents..." Luke trailed off, confused as to why this stranger decided to talk to him.

"Robert."

"What?"

"Mr. Hemmings is there anything you would like to say to the class, seeing as you like talking to yourself so much." Luke's head snapped towards to front of the class and blushed sheepishly when he realized everyone's eyes were focused on him. Luke shook his head quickly and looked down at his desk and began twiddling his thumbs.