Chapter 4 - Calum

-July-

Most siblings had trouble getting along and agreeing on things, but Calum and Mali had a close relationship, they were best friends. Occasionally on a weekend, after a long hard week, they would go on their own little adventure to the beach and just mess around and talk for hours on end.

It was near the end of the school year and summer was just coming around, Calum had just finished with all his exams and testing, so as usual he asked Mali to go to the beach again.

"Calum! Hurry up, we need to get there before it starts getting crowded." Mali yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming, gimme a sec." Calum rushed around his room making sure he had everything and ran down the stairs. He went over to the living room to say good bye to his mum.

"Bye mum, love you." he said as he quickly kissed her on the cheek.

"I love you too sweetheart. Have fun you two!" Joy shouted as her two children rushed out to door and into Mali's car. They both climbed in and Mali started the engine and drove out of the drive way. Calum reached over to change the radio station to try to find something good, but Mali slapped his hand away, "Nope last time it was you, now it's my turn to choose the music."

"But-"

"Nope." Mali quickly cut him off.

Calum sighed in defeat and sank down in his seat, "Fine." he grumbled.

"So how's the high school life treating ya?" Mali asked with a few quick glances of Calum before turning her attention back on the road. Mali was 5 years older than him, she was just starting college while Calum was just a freshman in high school. He was doing fine in school honestly, though it nothing really happened, the movies made it more dramatic and more eventful than real life. All he did was go to class, talk to his friends, then do homework it was a pretty simple and easy life, so he shouldn't be complaining right?

"It's okay, kinda boring though." he answered simply.

"Yeah that's high school for you, just four long years of constantly getting bored to death everyday. Thank god I already got that part of my life over with." she laughed a little and slowed down as they approached the red light. Calum let out a small laugh as well, "How about you? What's college like?"

"A whole lot of work and stress. I'm happy we're taking this trip, we haven't in a while and I miss my little bro." she give his shoulder a small nudge as she quickly looked at him.

"Yeah, I've missed you too." he smiled at Mali.

"Hey Mali. Hey." Calum turned towards his sister and started poking her shoulder.

"Oh god Calum, are you seriously gonna start doing this again?" Mali asked slightly starting to get annoyed.

"Yes. Yes I am." he smiled cheekily. "Heeyy Mali, are we there yet?" Calum asked, his grin couldn't possibly be wider.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" Calum continued poking her.

"No, we are not there, just like we weren't there the time you asked a second ago." she said with sarcasm clearly evident in her voice.

"Mali. Maalii. Maaliiiii." he started nudging her shoulder.

"Cal, stop. I'm driving." suddenly the car swerved(A/N like how we all swerved during the skh video and tca performance) into the other lane and Calum put one hand on the divider and the other hand grasping onto the handle on the door. The car slowed down and stayed in one lane then suddenly Mali burst out laughing.

"Oh my god you should've seen your face. I can't believe you fell for that. That was-"

Out of nowhere a force hit the driver's side and the car flipped over. Calum was being tossed around and he opened his eyes. There was broken shards of glass everywhere, he had a couple covering his arms and legs with a bit of blood everywhere.