Chapter 5

Josh: hey so are you going to prom coz im coming to pick you up!

Omg he wants to come to prom with me!! I stared at the text in disbelief. A smile glued to my face.

I just think I sat there for 5 minutes staring at my screen.

Ok I have to get ready. Josh and me!! At the prom!! I usually never go to these kind of events but I will with him!!! I grabbed a aqua dress. It was simple but effective! I put on some simple make up. Although I put on a lot more than I usually do. I grabbed a matching bag that had strips dangly off it, tickling my knees.

*ding dong*

Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach. I am nervous and exited at the same time! I shuffled on some polished white high heels.

"Coming!!", I yelled

I ran down the stars at high speed. I lifted my dress so I wouldn't trip.

I stood at the front of the door. I fixed my fringe and brushed down my dress. I need to open the door casually like a normal person would. ok!!! so I'm a little nervous.
I hope he likes my dress. Maybe we could have a first kiss tonight! Snap out of it Alex! His asked you to the prom! That's a big step.
Ok grab the door knob Alex and turn it ok! I thought to myself.
I swung open the door.
Josh was standing out there. Looking better then ever. I looked to see his girlfriend

"Hey! I didn't think you would come. Anyway who's your date.", he said to me.

I choked back my tears. I couldn't say anything. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could and locked my bedroom door.