Chapter 8

"So.", Xavier said with slight embarrassment in his tone,"This is it."

Jackson absorbed her surroundings. The couches had spilt beer on their cushions. The lamp had a flickering lightbulb. Dust decorated the furniture. The apartment seemed to breathe its last breath.

"It's nice."

Xavier looked at Jackson as if he knew a lie when he heard one. " Yeah, sure. You know you don't have to lie to me."

Xavier took a deep breath and then sat on the stained couch. He motioned for Jackson to sit next to him. She hesitated, but her tiredness and her heavy body forbid her from continuing to stand up.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here.", Jackson said , looking blankly at the wall.

"Are you alright? You look kind of uncomfortable. " Xavier turned to her now, waiting for a response.

"I'm fine." Jackson scooted over from one cushion to the next.

Xavier came closer. "What are you moving away from me for?" He had a smile on his face that could melt the North Pole.

Jackson smiled back. "Nothing. Just a little anxious, that's all."

Xavier put his arm around Jackson and then he leaned in , kissing her. "How does that make you feel?"

That was Jackson Perez's first kiss. Her lips went numb. A million questions. Zero answers. Her heart was the Titanic slowly sinking into chaos. Her lips knew no words other than-

"What the hell?"

Xavier smiled. "I remember how badly you wanted me to do that back in middle school. You don't seem so enthusiastic now."

Jackson got up storming towards the door, but before she could open it Xavier grabbed her hand.

"C'mon now, don't be like that." Xavier had innocence and sincerity in his eyes.

Jackson pulled her hand from his grip.

"Don't ever do that again."

Xavier then pushed Jackson up against the wall, holding her waist.

"Are you sure about that?"

And before Jackson had the chance to respond Xavier's lips were all over Jackson Perez's body.