Listen [29]

[twenty-nine]

"If I lay here, if I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world..." He found herself singing the lyrics under his breath while listening to her recommendation for the umpteenth time while thinking about her.

I don't quite know, how to say, how I feel

He tried to push back the thoughts creeping from the back of his mind and making his heart beat faster than ever. It was a mixture of disappointment and... something which was pulling him towards her. It's no use, brain. I've already screwed it up. I'm not gonna do it again, He thought to himself.

He was in love with her. An undeniable, irrevocable emotion which pumped his heart more and more instead of the blood. He loved her. But he didn't want to screw it up. So he was just stuck with screwing himself up.

This song was just made for him. But it also had something in common.

Those three words, are said too much, they're not enough

Wait... He paused the player and sat up with a start. Why are there lines which seem so darn familiar? He dug his hands into the lists of the Cds she gave him latter. And listened to each one of them.

It's a love story, baby just say yes

When I saw you, everyone knew, that I liked the effect you had on my eyes

Nothing's gonna change my love for you, you wanna know by now how much I love you

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see/ That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be.

They all reminded him of something. They all were referring to how he felt since he met her. Since he saw her eyes. Everything till what he's been doing. This was all like a jigsaw puzzle in his mind. She has been giving her songs which involve love, none other than how he felt. And according to him, this wasn't supposed to be a coincidence.

Was she trying to...communicate with me? This thought crossed his mind like a dagger piercing through his brain. Was Kari, all this time, trying to tell him something through these music, not caring whether they were too girly for him?

Oh no. A pang of guilt, harder than after the kiss, hit him straight to the chest.

Does that mean she loves me too?