Listen [30]

[thirty]

This was actually going to be the first time where he and she were outside the Cd store, besides his parents' home, according to her.

She draped her arms around her thin body and walked straight in the park, taking a deep sigh.

She suddenly saw him sitting on a bench near a pond and walked towards him. He became aware of a shadow standing above him and looked up to see her standing, a smile making its way to his lips.

Seeing him made her both miserable and happy at the same time. It felt like a blow of wind on her face. It also felt like a punch in her stomach. Soon, she realized that she was looking at him breathlessly and sat down next to him, keeping her distance. But she was still feeling like an asthma patient.

"Have you noticed that it's actually the first place we're meeting after the Cd store?" He said, not a look of guilt in his eyes. And she found herself nodding. "It's a really dull place to be, no?" She widened her eyes playfully and shook her head. "What? I hate parks. The only reason I'm here is because I want to talk to you and Buzz told me that it's the second place you frequently visit."

She gave him a look before passing a note. Stalker much? "Probably." He cringed playfully and she rolled her eyes before they both looked forward, an awkward silence between them and after every minute, she was being robbed away from her breath.

"I haven't really asked you out on a date yet." He said confidently. Her heartbeat stopped for a moment as she looked at him as if to see that he was kidding. But he wasn't. "Would you like to go on a date with me?" The big red spots made their way to her cheeks and she find herself biting her lips and playing with her fingers. Then she nodded and began to chuckle silently. At this, he began to laugh to.

He held out an earphone from his ear and she accepted it, placing it in her ear. Soon she found herself placing her head on his shoulder, smiling to herself while the song was playing in their ears.

I don't mind spending everyday

Out in the corner in the pouring rain

Her insides went soft as she kept listening to this song because suddenly, without any hesitation or trance, he picked up her hand and placed his warm lips on them before holding them to him heart. And she could literally feel his heartbeat on her hand.

She tucked her arms around his arm tightly and settled her head between the crook of his shoulder and neck, smiling to herself. While he placed a kiss on the top of her head before they both looked forward to life.

Forward to themselves.

Forward to their heartbeats they would from now on be listening to. 

THE END.