Part 52- EPILOUGE

Unknown POV

"Michael," I whisper.
"Yeah?"
"It's happening. Scott's dying."
Michael, Ashton and Calum rush toward me, Michael intwining our hands together.
"Mikey, I'm scared," I admit in a whisper. "What if he doesn't like me? I mean I left him so young..."
He kisses my forehead in response.
"Baby he'll love you." I smile. "Love you Michael."
"Love you too Lucas." (I LOVE MYSELF RN MUKE HAPPENED IN HEAVEN OMG IM DYING ANYWAY CARRYING ON)

"Did you see the time when Summer and Naomi got married?" Ashton asks.
"Yep." I nod. We saw everything. We saw when Calum and my ex wife divorced as their child went to live with their real dad, we saw Scott and Jakes surprise when they walked in their daughters room (when she was 16) furiously making out with Summer, we saw Samuel and Scarlett day I do. We saw little George meet his parents Naomi and Summer for the first time and most importantly we saw Ashton in a ballerina costume to entertain his granddaughter Maisie- even though he was 70 at the time.

The moments we saw weren't always happy.

We saw Scott being diagnosed with a brain tumour, only giving him a few months left. We saw Jake struggle through depression, we saw Naomi leave Summer leave with George, we saw them go into a car crash.

We saw summer stand onto the podium and reciting the words from The One That Got Away, "in another life, I would keep you safe, so I won't have to say you were the one that got away." We saw Ashton and Calum's last breath.

And now we are seeing my baby boy die.

Jake is beside him, weakly holding to Scott's hand. They both have tears in their eyes and I grab onto Michaels hand tighter.

"Maybe I will see my dad," Scott suggests, and the tears in my eyes go from sad to happy. The beeping of the heart monitor slows down until you can't hear it anymore. And that's it.

Scott's dead.

In heaven, before you actually go there, you have a choice on what age you are. Michael, Calum and I chose 18, but as Ashton liked his hair then, he chose when he was 19.
I wonder what age Scott chooses. I look back to his body. Jake is crying over Scott's body and I feel sorry for him. He will move on.

"Michael?" We turn and there he is, 18 year old Scott. He looks at us in disbelief.
"Calum and Ashton?" His eyes land on me and he tilts his head to the side in confusion. Finally he realises and he begins to cry. "D-dadd?"

I sheepishly smile. "Hi son." He drops the book he's holding and races towards me, flinging his arms around me.

"I love you," Scott sobs, his arms tightening around my neck.

"I love you too, so, so much," I reply happily, my own eyes invaded with tears.

"Where- where's Naomi?" Scott asks and my heart sinks.

"I have no idea, I'm sorry Scott." He just forces a smile at me.

"Samuel and Summer miss you," Scott says to Ashton.

His smile softens and nods. "Thanks buddy."

Scott sends him a grin and turns back to Michael and I.

"You too? I never imagined that," Scott chuckles.

"Well it seems that your dad and I had a better connection in heaven rather than on earth," Michael giggles, and I kiss his forehead, taking his hand in mine. Scott's smile slips off his face as he peers down. I sigh, letting go of Michaels hand and go beside Scott, watching too as Jake mumbles, "me and you against the world."

"It will get easier for him Scott," I inform my son, who stares at me with watery eyes.
"Dad I died too early. I was only 53. This is gonna break him. I was the only one left for him."

I stare up at my boy with a sympathetic smile.

"You will be together soon. The time goes ever so quickly."

Scott laughs, looking away. His eyes widening when he looks at the book he dropped on the way. He goes back to retrieve and I chuckle. My son is lovely. Wonder where he got that from. Me or his  mother.

She, by the way, decided to not come here. I read her diary, as she wanted me to have it. It took a while after her death- but I forgave her.

Once he gets back he passes the book to me. As I look closer I see a picture of me, with fake angel wings behind my back, and the words "Dear Daddy" written in italics. I raise my eyebrow at him and he blushes, passing it to me.

"It's my er... Diary... I wrote in it for you so you were up to date with my life.. I uh... You can read it," he whispers.

I smile in admiration.

"I will read it. And I can't wait to create memories with you now. I love you."

"I love you too dad" he replies and I giggle, turning over to the first page.

Dear Daddy...

THE END

OH MY GOD ITS FINISHED. IS THIS DEPRESSING OR WHAT?
I want to say thank you for everyone to read this book, sometimes it has been very cringy, some were just plain creepy. But you all still took this time to read this and I am eternally grateful 😊

Thank you all and this is Sophie closing off the book Dear Diary!
Stay happy peeps✌🏻️
~sophie~