Chapter 2

Emily... That was her name. She and her siblings were to be the next victims of this evil being.

Morphing hidden in the dark, shifting into great tall giant terrors was none other than "The Horror" itself. It's long nails were scratching at the window that was used to see out of Emily's bedroom. At first, The Horror wanted to toy with the children. Slowly seep into their innocent minds as something awful and avoided. But very clever, The Horror was. The Horror had decided to make like a friend with the children. But not in the form of an imaginary friend. The Horror would literally seep into their dreams.

And in the Dreamrealm where children spend their whole nights, Nightmares can lurk. The Horror had an iffy relationship with Nightmares. It (I'm calling "The Horror" an it because it has no gender) was always quite fond of the jobs the Nightmares held. But as The Horror saw it they were "stealing it's thunder".

The Horror had now slipped into the children's room, literally seeping into the darkness, creating a light putrid scent. Footsteps were approaching. The Horror must act quick. Shadow travelling from spot to spot quite instantly, The Horror had decided on hiding under the eldest child's bed. Even though they were all triplets.

It might have been a bit cliché to hide under the bed, but it was the only place to go with such little time. The door opened at a normal pace which sent shock and intriuge right through the cold, disgusting blood that pumped through The Horror's veins.

The parents were looking through the room.

"What's that stench?" A man's voice questioned.

The father. Was The Horror's immediate response to the voice.

The Horror focused on the fathers scent. It was very observing of the fathers exact position, and even how close he was getting.

The Horror was begging to wonder if it should terrify the father into leaving. It was eager to start the bonding process with the children. But It didn't wish as to stir up, even a little tension with the father. Or as to give him even the slightest clue of The Horror's true presence.

The parents eventually left and headed off quite far. The house must have been slightly large. How odd.

The door closed and like a fiery smoke, The Horror rose in that very steamy form. And split off into threes, seeping into the dreams of the triplets, and merging them.

THE HORROR'S POV

I was now in the dream realm. The 3 children had chosen normal dream bodies. And even better, their dream was lucid.

Nightmares were all over the place. And the children were just sitting around as though they had no fear at all. I suppose this should be a good thing.

I approached them. My shadowy body, with it's dark, hunched over back, I decided on a regular greeting.

"Hello, children."

And their reaction was finer than the blackest gem in the ring of the most powerful Dark King's. It was sweeter to me than that of the finest necter to a bee.

"What are you?" And with that question I couldn't help my laughter. I just couldn't. I was never about being silly, and especially at times like this, but for some odd reason, my silliness seemed appropriate.

"I'm a dream, I'm your friend." I told them.

"Oh." The eldest began.

"If that's so.. Who are we?" He asked.

"Edward, Emily and Erin." I shifted my gaze as I spoke each of their names o ln the correct person.

"Well, what is your name?" Erin the youngest questioned.

"Refer to me as 'The'. " I started simply.

"The?" All of the children asked at once.

"Yes, call me 'The'. " I accidentally let out some menace with the slightest irritance.

The children began to fade. They were walking and I left the dream world. Very aware of the terrible things that were to come.

A/N

So how was that? Is my story good? :) feedback is always appreciated! Follow me on Wattpad and receive updates whenever they're necessary.

-infernal789