Prologue

Prologue:

"Please, please, please," I beg to no one but myself and the Gods of casting rolls.

The beeping of the phone blares throughout my tiny apartment, and although on the surface it sounds like a reguar phone notifying me of someone's call, I could have sworn that I heard it whispering "Failure." underneath its innocent little rings.

I take a moment to control my breathing before daring to even think about answering that phone. I stare at the device like we're about to facedown, the only thing that was missing was the stray tumbleweed rolling in between me and that phone. I take a deep breath, start walking to the phone, grow impatient, and dash toward it instead. I whip IT out of its cradle, send another hopeless prayer to whoever is in charge of casting, and press the electronic against my ear.

"H-hello?" I greet hesitantly, clutching the edge of my T-shirt in large clumps.

"Is this Erica Wellington?" a bored feminine voice checks.

"Yes?" I answer her nervously, standing on my tiptoes to contain my squirmy energy.

"Congratulations, we just called to tell you that you got the part of Miranda Parker in the movie 101 Romantic Comedies," the woman informs in a very business-like and monotone voice. "And that we expect you to be at the studio next Saturday to pick up your completed script," she adds, clearly not happy with the fact that her job is to make other people's dreams come true.

"Oh, okay. Sure, I'll be there," I squeak, trying with every atom of my willpower to not make my voice high with excitement. That would be unprofessional.

"Great, good-bye," she says, and the other line becomes dead.

I slowly place the phone back in its charger, my lips in a thin, disbelieving line.

Totally obliterating whatever professionalism I've established for myself, I release a scream of excitement and jump around at the fact that I've actually gotten a part.

And not just any part.

The lead role.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N: I just had to write something. This idea has been invading my thoughts since three weeks ago, I couldn't just not write it. It was physically impossible. ^_^ I've got a very good feeling about it.