Temper

There's nothing worse than having to try and find your way around a new place and having people stare at you while you do so. Scratch that. There's nothing worse than walking up to the front desk and the receptionist giving you the once over and then continuing to tell you the toy store is three blocks down. If I could have the chance to wipe the floor with her smirk I would've.

But if I'm being honest it looked as if you could eat off them as they shimmered in the light. It seemed like Robert had the best timing as I began to tell the receptionist, well I tried to... in my head anyway, where she could shove her immaculate nails.

Sarah

That's her name from what I could pick up when I wasn't throwing daggers at her and her over exposed most likely fake breast as she leaned over the desk like a needy child.

She looked up at me after they finished their conversation her face plastered with a seemingly painful smile. Then handed me a pass and a pair of house keys of sort. I didn't know the job came with a house, would've asked earlier, for a house not a job.

"Morning Ains." Robert spoke, probably trying to make light conversation.

"Good morning and I prefer Lee. Roberto." I smiled as he smirked in understanding of our old ways of greeting each other. To be honest it began as a couple of grunts here and there and on the odd occasion a nod when he and my Mother visited. But I learned that if there's one person who can make someone wish the ground would swallow them up. It was my Mom so it was best to make allies whenever possible just incase .
She'd said it so kindly given me the the idea to call him Roberto when we went out for dinner. And to this day I've called him Roberto.

"I thought you grew out of that."

"Old habits die hard and I couldn't do that to the poor name."

"Still have the theatrics I see as well."

"Ehh. A little here and there." I replied.

We began to slow down as we approached a wall of elevators.

"You'll need your pass to access the elevator's. The keys are if he requires you to pick something up or drop off things at his house. Though if I'm honest I thought his house keys would resemble the key to the city ." He laughed.

"Sir yes sir." I replied in mock salute, earning a glare here and there from people passing by.

"Today Mr Sky or Sean to you and me. Won't be in he's got some personal issues to take care of with his father." I quickly nodded in response.

As the doors of the elevator opened to what I presumed was my floor. I froze. It was just so pretty and perfect. A black corridor with the shimmering floor theme I expected again only this time it was still a black shimmering floor with marble. Well what I presume is marble walls and the odd occasion of art work here and there.

"Good morning Mr Hunter." Sang the receptionist as we approached her desk. This one seemed nice at least for now.

"Could you put back my meeting for fifteen minutes I've got to show Miss Drew around the office and set her errands for today."

"I could do that for you if she'd like." She smiled. Smiled.Like a real genuine smile.

"Yeah sure that sounds good." I smiled or what I thought was a smile I'm not sure to be honest I don't know if I look like a patient whose gone wondering off their ward or like someone on drugs.

"I'll see you at lunch." I waved after him and soon decided that it was probably not very business like. I turned to greet the receptionist. "Well then I guess we shall begin the tour. Trust me this place is like a fortress." She laughed.

"You're telling me." I mumbled in awe of the work space.

"You won't spend much time here however in event that you do,you need to know the meeting/conference rooms. You will most definitely need to know which place is best to hide to avoid Sarah and her clan. It's sort of like high school. Mr Sky and your desk are based at the other side of this floor." She laughed while I followed behind.

"Mr Sky tends to stay home and lecture his brother about his hangovers most of the time. Which he's probably doing now." As I began to fidget realisation dawned on her," Don't worry he couldn't hurt a fly and he's by far the kindest Boss by far.His brother however is just like him but a little bit cheeky, if thats even possible. You must know this already as you're close friends with Mr Hunter." She finished with a smile while staring at me. Probably wanting an answer. Definitely wanting an answer.

"Uhh. Yes sure."

As we finished off the tour Ainslie couldn't help but feel under qualified. Everyone working on this floor has a degree in something. The only degree I probably have is in sleeping and eating and even then I'd struggle with the sleeping part.

The receptionist, who now I learned was Sofia, left me to find my own way around office space to memorise as much as I could. She also instructed me to come and find her for my first errand.
But I was too awestruck. I had my own office. I didn't have to work long hours for a low pay. Dad was right I am lucky. However not that lucky as it seems like I'm going to be travelling by subway. ALOT. And some people like to get a little handsie if you know what I mean.
And I don't want to take any chances with that.

A head popped through the door. "Are you settled in."
"Yeah it's great. Thanks Rob."
"No problem, if you need anything just ask."

"I don't think I'll need anything. I've got pretty much everything I'll need right now."

"Well thats great then I will see you later either at home or downstairs. Depending if you'll need a lift back home."

" I think Dad was meant to pick me up. I'm not sure I'll check and I'll text you later on." See here's a thing about me. Curiosity is what will probably kill me. I never know when to shut up either so that's another down fall. "Why does your Boss' son need an assistant isn't he like thirty something. Shouldn't he have hired someone else or..."

"Georges son is maybe a couple of years older than you. Around twenty four or something and he needs an assistant he'll won't jump and disperse of. So we thought a seventeen year old would be our best bet so that he can concentrate on taking over the company from his father."

"So basically you hired me because I was too you for him to do anything stupid. Very flattered by that choice." I mocked, more like pulled a face that resembled Shrek.

"George's oldest son is a great person. I've known him since he was born at times but he's a little impatient but after you get to know him he a great kid."

"I feel like you're trying to convince yourself there Roberto." I laughed.

"No but he's a great person. The last time I've saw him was when he last was in New York six months ago." He coughed.

"We'll if he tries anything I can tell you that I won't be held against anything that happens when I lose my temper." I joked.

*********************

Dear readers,

So this chapters a little longer than the first. I know shocker. It's seems like this story is moving along quite well I expected to post tomorrow but I'm updating a day earlier. *Queue the applause

Anyway tell me what you guys think so far and don't be shy and follow.

Love xKissmeKatex