He's mine... She's mine... Ch. 8

Alexander stayed focus, reminding himself to breath at a steady rhythm. He didn't understand it. Why didn't Eva apologize first? When he texted her two weeks ago he expected her to say that she was sorry too, not that she forgave him. He realized that he was messed up for saying that to her, and if he could he would've stopped himself from saying it.

He hated the shocked look on her beautiful face. He hated even more that he was the reason it was put there. He punched the punching bag with greater force at the image of the new kid having his arm around his Eva.

"She's mine", he muttered. Sweat trickled down his forehead and he brushed it off. He was using the gym at school, wanting some alone time. His friends were usually always glued to his side and he was relieved to have some time to think without them asking him what's wrong.

As if I could ever tell them what's wrong. Alexander never spoke about his problem to his friends because he never showed any of his emotions. To them he was always calm and collected, anytime he was different was when he was goofing off with them.

"Alex?! Dude, you down here?" It was Jared, his sidekick, coming to look for him like always.

Alex continued to punch his anger out on the sand bag but answered," yea man, over here."

"I was looking all over for you. Why are you down here?"

Alex used his towel to wipe off the sweat on his face and said," unlike your fatass, I actually take care of myself."

Jared scoffed," this coming from the guy who has turned down every girl that I've thrown his way." It was true, Alexander never once cheated on Eva. Even though his friends were always suspicious about it they never questioned him.

Alexander had his ways of avoiding the interrogations. "Like I would want your sloppy seconds, the girls at this school aren't what I'm into."

Jared nudged him as Alexander took a swig from his water bottle," what about Eva? So far she's the only one I've heard of that's been with you in the sack."

Alexander looked at him from the corner of his eye. " Eva? That was nothing." She was everything.

Jared looked skeptical," Didn't seem like anything, I saw the way you looked at her when she came in with the new kid a while back. Looked like you wanted to rip his head off."

"Dude, I can have any girl I want, why the hell would I waste my time with her?"

"Maybe you like her?" Jared didn't seem disgusted by this. He was genuinely curious about his friend's interest in this girl.

Alexander countered with," would you like her?"

"For a quickie maybe, but her wacko family is what makes her a turn off. No one talks to her for that reason and because she doesn't even talk, insecurity is a turnoff."

Alexander wanted to defend her, but he didn't. Eva wasn't important enough to lose his glory. At least not yet. Once they were out of high school they were going to college together far away from everyone and her fmaily, and finally be an official couple.

"Exactly my point, so there's no way I would want her."

"I don't know dude, you were mugging that guy pretty harshly the other day." Jared started stretching to work out.

Alex followed and asked casually," what do you know about the dude anyway?"

"I know his name is Rob. He's from California and he moved into this huge house that was just made for his family."

Alexander raised his eyebrows in surprise, he had been expecting to hear that he was some punk kid living with a relative or sibling after running away from home. The guy was totally confusing, he thought if you are rich you should look rich, not dressing like some bad boy out of a chick flick.