Chapter Two: Feeling Off

"Kayla?"

I looked up quickly, "Oh God, Emily you're okay!" I hugged her, "I was so worried!"

"What happened? Is this a hospital?" she asked, obviously completely lost.

"You had a major panic attack yesterday when we got to school. You've been sleeping since a little before I got here. I haven't left, I wanted to be here when you woke up." I explained. "The nurses that came in said you'll have to be tested for some stuff. Didn't tell me what but I have to go get them now that you're awake." I stood.

"Wait..." I stopped, "never mind, go get the nurse." she said quietly. I got the nurse and was told to leave the room when they tested her in 5 minutes. I told her I'd be downstairs in the cafeteria until they were done and she nodded and told me to grab her a chocolate bar like she usually has. So I left, eager to get her her "happy snack" as soon as I could.

* * *

Later that day, we were at my house sitting in my room. We were watching videos of Markiplier fending off animatronics. We laughed at all the times he got a "scary" pop-up and screamed. There were a few that got us though. Suddenly, my mum popped her head in the door and said "Knock knock."

"Yes Dani? We're watching Mark play Five Night's at Freddy's 4." I told her.

"There's a 4th one now? You guys can never get scared enough, huh? Well anyway, dinner is ready, are you staying Emily?"

"No way Momma, no offense but I can smell what you're cookin' and you know I hate steak!" she laughed.

"Oh alright Emily, better head home then, don't wanna get stuck crossing the street in the dark now." she joked.

"You know it!" Emily got up and got ready to go, "You better pause Markimoo's face, Kay, you know I'm not missing a second of that beauty." she winked.

"Oh shut up Em! You're a lesbian, precious "Markimoo" only applies to me!" we laughed. She finished gathering her things and i walked her to the door. "Smell ya later 'beauty'!"

"Sniff ya later 'precious'!"

I closed the door after I waved and went to eat.

"That was unusual." Mum said. I looked at her confused. "What? Tell me you didn't think she was acting a little off, too."

"I didn't..." I didn't think she was acting off...was she? I thought back to her actions. She didn't seem off except...except when she was leaving... "Oh. Oh yea that was off. How did you catch that?" I asked.

"Because I've watched how you two act around each other for nearly 16 years from an entirely 3rd person view." she answered still eating. It was something so simple that I missed it. She didn't wave back. Not once has she ever not waved back when she left. I still don't understand how my mum saw that and I didn't. I decided not to mind it. She's just still upset about the break up, she'll be fine. I'll check up on her tomorrow.

"You should talk to her." Dani mentioned, her gaze still fixed on her steak as she tore into it.

"I will, tomorrow." I promised. I got up and went straight to bed. Saying goodnight to my mum and yelling it to my silent kid brother on the downstairs computer. "Emily is tough, it's fine." I said to myself as I drifted off, "she'll make it through this..."