Flashbacks

~~~~~~~~~Mark's POV~~~~~~~~~
I heard a knock on my door. When I answered it was someone delivering a package. "Thank you." I said as I closed the door. When I opened it, a smile spread across my face. I picked up the tickets and headed up to Naomi's room. It was a surprise that I know she'll love.
~~~~~~~~~Naomi's POV~~~~~~~~~
I was on my laptop that Mark bought me for online school. I was doing my homework when Mark knocked on my door. "Can I come in?" I looked at the door from my bed. "Sure, I'm just doing homework." He walked in with a goofy smile on his face and I couldn't help but laugh. He was holding something behind is back. "Mark what's that? Are you gonna murder me or something? *gasp* Are you secretly an axe murderer?!" I acted all dramatic and made him laugh. "Yes! And I have a surprise for you...." He made his voice go really low as he talked. I put my hand on my forehead as if I was about to faint. "No please! Spare my life!" He held his head back laughing. He sat down on my bed beside me and held my chin up. "You're too cute to kill." This made laugh and I closed my laptop. "Come on, get dressed." I looked down at myself realizing I was in sweats and a tank top. I blushed and tried to cover my scars. "Why, what's up?" He looked at me as he walked out the door. "I said I had a surprise for you didn't I?" He left with a smirk on his face. I felt myself light up. I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs. Mark was by the door waiting. "Wow, you were quick." I laughed and I walked behind him out the door. "Where we going? What's the surprise?" He looked back at me. "It's a surprise." We got into his car and he still wouldn't tell me. "Pleeeeeeaaase!" I was begging like a little kid and all he did was smile and laugh. Once we got off highway he told me to close my eyes. "Why?" He looked at me and smiled. "Just close them and keep 'em closed." I did as he said. I felt the car come to a stop. "Wait here don't move." Again, I did as he said. He opened my door and put his hands over my eyes. "Really?" He laughed. "What I want to make sure." We walked a little bit more and he uncovered my eyes. I giggled as he said "And we're here!" I looked up at the sign and let out a shaky sigh. I felt the tears streaming down my cheek as I read Welcome to Disney Land. Mark looked at me when he saw the tears. "What's wrong." I felt the memories come back. I heard the screaming, and felt the sting of slapping on my cheek. I closed my eyes and I could see my father smirking as he slaps me. I quickly open my eyes and more tears came along. "Mark. Get me outta here." I never looked away from the sign. "Naomi what's wron-"
"Mark, please! Just take me home!" I started to shout. He nodded and walked me back to the car. I sat in the passenger seat and looked down at my hands. The entire ride I was silent, but Mark kept trying to get me to talk. "Naomi talk to me." When we got back I ran out of the car and into the building. I got to his apartment and ran to my room. Mark followed me not to far behind. I closed my bedroom door as he was just walking in the apartment. I sat on my bed and cried into my hands. I kept have flashbacks, and there was only one way to stop them. I dug my nails into my wrist and winced at the pain.
~~~~~~~~~Mark's POV~~~~~~~~~
We got home and Naomi ran straight into the building. "Naomi!" I yelled for her but she kept going. I ran after her, feeling the wind brush past my face. She got to the apartment and closed the door behind her as I came around the corner. By the time I walked in she was in her room. I ran up the stairs and to her door, which she locked. "Naomi let me in." I tried turning the knob and pounding on the door. I heard her sob and sniffle. "Naomi, please let me in. I'm worried about you. I heard her wince, that let me know she was hurting herself. I started to pound harder. "Naomi! Stop! Let me in!"
I heard her wince more and more making me nuts. "NAOMI!" I kicked the door and punched it until it busted open. She looked up at me with wide puffy eyes and dried tears on her cheek. I looked at her arm. She had her nails dug into her wrist making blood run down her hand and drip onto the floor. I ran over and pulled her hand off her her arm. I grabbed the first aid kit and covered her wounds. She kept sniffling as I cleaned her arm. I looked up at her and she looked away. "Naomi, talk to me. What happened back there?" She looked up at me with hurt in her eyes. "I-It's not your fault. *sniffle* it's my..."She trailed off and started to cry again as looked at her hands. "It's my family's fault. We-we were on our way home from Disney Land that day you found me." I felt bad, I took her to the last place she was at with her horrible, horrible family. "Naomi, I'm so, so sorry. If I knew, I never would've took you there." She shook her head. "No stop apologizing! I should've told you. But it's ok, I'm better now." She wiped her tears away and out on a smile. "No you're not, look at you." I held up her arm and she looked away. She looked away. "I kept getting flashbacks. I couldn't make them stop. This was the only way." I rubbed over her bandage. "Next time you get flashbacks just tell me instead of hurting yourself." She nodded and smiled again. "Thanks Mark. For everything." She pulled me into a hug. "No need to thank me. I wanted to."

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've kinda been going back and forth between this story Andy new one I've been working on. I don't know if I mentioned already but I'm writing a new story called "(Not So) Cinderella" I'm not too far in it but if you like this one, check it out. Again, any suggestions or thoughts just let me know! Love you guys!
~Nikki_Writes01