She's Still Out There

~~~~~~~~Mark's POV~~~~~~~ I sat in the hallway outside the room Lily was in. I held back tears as I seen the doctor walk out to me. "Mark is it?" I nodded and stood to face him. "Is she okay?" He sighed. "She's, different, she has something we've never seen before. Her arm was showing extreme pain levels, her heart was pumping blood as if she was losing it, we've only seen these conditions when there is an attempted suicide." I felt myself on the verge of tears, she wouldn't have, she couldn't have, there was no blood anywhere. "Although, that is not the case." He went on. "Her condition is something we find very, very rare. It's almost supernatural." What? Supernatural? "How is that so?" He didn't hesitate. "Well, she seems to have a connection with someone. Such a connection that they share the same feelings, both physical and mental. She can feel pain of the other person's pain, she would cry when the other person is sad." I thought of who this person might be, someone she's close to. "We've seen it before, a long time ago and only one person, but it was only in 1/16 of their self that had this condition. But miss Lily, hers takes up her whole body. It courses through her veins, crowds her mind, turns her stomach, it's almost enough that the other person could control her feelings entirely." He continued in his explanation. Then it hit me, a while ago, when Naomi was in the hospital from Sam, Lily and Crys had a fight. When one of them felt bad, they both did, sister connection. It never occurred to me before, Lily is literally connected to Crys. "I know who the person is." I looked at the doctor, he looked surprised that I had cut him off, but he relieved himself. "Who might it be?" I shook my head. "Not might, is, her name is Crystal." His eyes got wide. "Crystal?" I nodded. "Follow me." He turned and speed walked to another end of the hallway. He stopped at a door. "Is this her?" He opened the door and I peered in. I was faced with Jack sobbing into his hands before an unconscious Crys. "Oh my god..." I mumbled under my breath and Jack looked up at me. "M-Mark?" I took a step towards him and he stood hugging me. It was awkward as he cried in my shoulder but at the moment, I wanted to cry too. First Naomi, then Daniel, then Lily now Crys? What is happening? Who's next Jack? Me? Matt or Ryan? It's hard to tell, it's a horrible thing when so much bad can happen in a matter of 2 days. The doctor who still stood in the doorway cleared his throat. We turned and looked at him. "This is the Crystal you were talking about correct?" I nodded looking at her. "Ok, well who is this might I ask?"
"He's Crystal's boyfriend." The doctor insisted on telling Jack about Lily as well. As Jack and the doctor stood at the doorway, I walked to Crys's side and sat down. "Oh my god, what did you do?" She was breathing, but was still, and seemed lifeless. She was hooked up to IVs and beeping filled the room. I moved a piece of her hair. "You know Lily's in another room, at the other end of the hallway, we can make arrangements and have you two together if you want." I felt silly talking to someone who couldn't answer me, but I did it with Naomi, I did it with Lily, I'll say the same things with Crys. Soon Jack walked back over to me and sat in the chair to my side. "Oh my god." I looked at him. "We should have them together." He stared blankly at the bed beside Crys's. "We should have Lily move into this room with Crys I mean." He let out a shaky sigh. "What do you think?" I started asking him questions over and over because it's the only thing I could do, but I never received an answer. "Jack talk to me." He closed his eyes and a tear fell down his cheek. "Yes. I think it's the right thing to do. Let's move Lily over here." He stood and walked to Crys, kissing her forehead before leaving the room. "I'll talk to the doctor about it." He said as he walked out the door.
                    *3 days later*
I stopped with Matt and Ryan and we talked about Daniel, he has passed on. For an hour we sat in the waiting room talking and remembering about how great of a man he was and how he did anything he could to make people smile. After a while, I had to leave for visiting hours to see Lily and Crys. They were moved into the same room so we didn't have to walk from room to room to room. Lily and Crys are still unconscious. But they said it might be a day or two until they do wake up. I've been staying in a hotel with Jack a block away from the hospital. Every night he seemed to get more distant, like he didn't want to be noticed. When we'd go in, he was either at Crys's side or in the food court. I was always either at Crys's side or Lily's. Every now and then, Lily would make a little sound, like a whisper. I would always try to make it out but no avail. Today I was sitting beside her and she actually said a word. "Mmmm..." I jumped up and over to Lily. "What is it Lily?" She turned her head so she was facing me, but still had her eyes closed. "Nnnnnn-" her voice was a raspy whisper, I could barely tell she said anything at all. "Lily? What are you-" Jack walked in. "Hey I'm heading to the food court, do you want anything?" I glanced back at him. "Jack! She's saying something!" He stared back with a terrified look. "I have to go." I stood. "But Jack-" he was gone, down the hall. What? Why did he-but-no. I contemplated going after him and bringing him back. We both need to hear what she has to say, it could be important. "Mmmark-" Lily's voice brought me back to earth. I sat back down. "What is it, tell me." Her eyes fluttered open and her mouth agape. "N-nnn-Naomi-" tears filled my eyes to hear her name. I had to swallow the sadness blocking my airway to speak. "N-Naomi?" She slightly nodded her head. I tried hard not to break, I can't let a tear fall. "S-ssssshhheeeeees" I tried to hear what she was saying but only for her eyes to slowly closed. "Lily-no what is it!" Hot tears fell down my cheek. I rested my head on her stomach. "Mmmmmmark..." I jerked my head up. It was Crys now who was talking. I walked to her. "I'm here...what's wrong." I sniffled and wiped my tears in the back of my hand. "Ssss-she-she's...still..." her voice, like Lily's, was raspy and dry. She cleared her throat. "She's still out there..." my eyes once again filled with tears, not of sadness, nor joy, nor anger, just confusion. "Who, who's still out there?" My voice was cracking and breaking like I was going through puberty all over again. When I received no answer, I berried my head into the blankets of Crys's bed. Do they mean Naomi? I looked up at her as if she would give me the answer. I leaned back in the chair I was in, the chair was between the two sisters' beds. I let out a sigh. They both went back to their rest, probably leaving us for a coma. My head rested in my hands. We have to do something, it's been days, no Naomi, no more Daniel, and soon these two girls.i looked back and forth between them. "I don't want to lose you guys, I don't want to lose Naomi either, but I don't know what to do? You say she's still out there but where? Where would she be?" I shakily sighed into my hands. "Am I insane? Have I officially lost my mind?" I sat in my sorrow for a while. Then at once, both of the sisters, at the same time as if they were possessed, spoke in sync. "She's in trouble." I stood from my chair and practically leaped across the room. Shit what the fuck?! What was that! They sat up, fully aware of everything around them. "Oh my god." Crys looked at her bandaged arm. "I-I'm alive? I'm alive!" The two sisters looked at each other with a longing look of love in their eyes. Before I knew it the jumped out of their beds and fell into a hug.