How to Break a Heart // mnz

'How to Break a Heart', a guide by Madison Nicole Ziegler.

Firstly, you find someone who'll look at you the way flowers look to the sun. Someone who needs you there, just so they can breathe.

Next, you give them a small fantasy, show them a world of the dreams you easily have the power to create. But never let them see that you could destroy them even easier.

Tell them sweet nothings, that they mean the world to you, and watch how they truly believe it, and how painstakingly obvious it is you mean the sky and the earth and everything in between to them.

Let them show you who they are. Watch as they open the door to their heart and place its contents into your open, waiting hands, believing you will do the same.

Pretend to you feel fireworks in each kiss, fake the starry-eyed gaze you have to each time you break apart.

Follow them when they take you to their secret places, but only lead them away from yours.

Feel the precious trust they have given you. Feel the way they look at you, eyes adoring, even when you are looking away. Feel the beating of their fragile, glass heart between your fingers.

Then slowly break it. Watch it smash onto the cold, hard ground, shards spraying into the air. And walk away, kicking the broken pieces as you go, and don't turn back to see their wretched face, contorted in pain as you go.

Don't let them see that you are hurting, too.

That with each fragile soul shattered, your heart freezes a little more. And that soon, you won't be able to feel anything.