Chapter 6

"Dad!" I whinced and almost yelled.

I wasn't ready to lose him. At least not yet, not after mum. I ran to him but Meredith grabbed me and pulled me from behind as I crumbled to the ground and pulled me into a supply closet, keeping me from making a scene. I knew Meredith was in pain too, she was about to lost one of the most important people in her life, even though he was never there for her like he was for me. It was still really hard realising we might loose dad and Meredith too wasn't ready, nobody is ever ready to loose a loved one.

Meredith stepped out of the supply closet and found the nearest intern and nurse and yelled "Page Dr. Sloan... NOW!!"

"Why, this patient doesn't even need a plastic consult" The nurse said. I stepped out and stood by Meredith and watched as Meredith yelled in her face telling her she was right and needed to do as she said

"Are you here to ask questions or to help people?" She asked the nurse who looked shocked of how Meredith talked to her. "Page Dr. Sloan, now!."

~<>~

3 minutes ago Mark was no where to be seen and then 3 minutes later, I here Mark and turn around to see him with Meredith after she had him paged.

"What we got?" He asked her waiting and probably hoping for a new case, but the only case stuck with was me

"Lexie! She needs you" Meredith said with worry and concern

"What do you mean she needs me. What the hell happened? Is she hurt?" Mark looked worried and concerned and scared to what was going on

"No! She's fine but she needs someone who can calm her down and I know you can do that. Our dad is here. In trauma room 4 and she's inside making a scene." Meredith told him.

"I got her." Mark said.

He walked into the room and made his way over to me grabbing me surprise and pulling me away from dad. He held me in his arms, our bodies touching. I tired to pull away but he was too strong so I stopped fighting and

"It's me Lex, it's me." I hear him whisper in my ear pulling me away with his arms from all this drama.

I stopped fighting, realizing for the first time I was the one who was making a fool of theirselves. Mark got pulled me out and took me to the nearest on-call room. I couldn't hold the tears any longer, I had to let them out. I cried and cried again. Every time I tried to stop, the tears just started again and Mark would hold me closer to his chest each time I would try to calm down as he was stoking my hair.

"I-I can't lose him." I said between two sobs. "Not after everything I lost years ago with you" Mark looked at me knowing that we both still had strong feelings for each other.

"You didn't lose me, Lex. I'll always be here for you. I mean look at us now I'm here for you aren't I? I'll always be there no matter what!" He said grabbing my face so we could see each other's face and eyes. He stared into my eyes for a while and then looked away.

I slightly smiled at him.

"'Cause we're meant to be?" I said uncertain he would understand where that just came from.

"Because we're meant to be." He answered.

He looked at my eyes again and I smiled dropping me head down smiling trying to hide the fact I knew we could kiss from this but I had to contain myself. "Don't!" He said grasping his finger under my chin lifting my head up so he was looking straight at me. "Don't do what?" I asked him as he smiled and chuckled a bit replying "Don't look away from me ever. I hate not being with you! Lex we both know we are meant to be together and meant to stay together forever till the day we die" that was deep even for Mark but he was right. "That was deep" he nodded with my comment. "I know we're meant to be but what abouuu-" just before I could finish my sentence his mouth collided with mine. He put his hands on my face and slowly moved down my waist. I stopped to breath and he said "Sorry... Too much" I looked at him and said back "No not enough" "Oh fuck it then" he said grabbing me again and kissing me with passion as his tongue slipped in my mouth and we stayed close during the kiss.