Chapter 27

Eudosia's P.O.V.

| Gotham City

| December 6th 07:18 EDT

"So... when were you going to tell me I actually can cry blood?" I asked Eugene, as I placed the purple wig over my head and secured the mask back onto my face. An idiot could tell that my hair was fake, unless they believed it was dyed. I mean, I told them my hair was real. Note the sarcasm.

"If I recall correctly, you tore my soul off yours, so I don't remember looking at you to cry blood." Eugene says quite harshly.

"Erm... about that... I'm sorry... it was impulse." I said, checking my appearance in the mirror, and his orange eyes just narrowed on me. But it softened, and then he rolled his eyes.

As the days go by, our bond seemed to have strengthened, and so had our powers. But most importantly, it seems that the more I actually bore the mask, the more it seemed I had managed to absorb some of his powers and began to see him more often, as and when I wanted to, sometimes without the mask. The last time I look into the mirror, the mask was just the same red swirly pattern with black, hollow eyes. Now, I managed to see the true orange that happen when I use my powers or when Eugene is in control of my body. Also, it seems that I am beginning to see that Eugene's body was quite statuesque, compared to my lean, small build. However, pity he's stuck in my body, because his reflection says something entirely different.

It's scary how so much can change in just six months.

"I have long forgiven you, especially since you have had enough of their bullcrap. It is only when they had given us something we could actually work on, they decide that they will let us do the research ourselves with a bunch of children that cannot handle their own emotions."

"I'm one too." I say, my lips curling up as I used a teasing tone on him, "either way, I'm very sure on gaining some information. And I don't care what they think."

"Eugene? What are you doing in Gotham?" A sarcastic voice asked.

Before even we could communicate even further, I swirled around, staring face to face to Boy Wonder. It's been awhile since I've seen him in costume too, but the kid's really grown. Not that I didn't see him in the morning.

"Is there something wrong with being in my home town?" I asked, raising a brow, my usually inanimate Eugene mask following. I could see the look of fear in his eyes but my mask, but it was quickly covered by a void of blankness.

"You are from Gotham too?" He asks, circling me, "Why haven't I seen you around?"

"Cause you dumb?" Eugene retorted with a voice that sounded much like a teenage girl. I smirked, trying not to burst out laughing, the mask not following my action. Thank God Eugene could control the mask whenever he wanted to.

"You've seen me once, isn't that enough of a sight, Boy Wonder?" I asked, "besides, you're always patrolling the wrong side of town."

"Wrong side of town?" Robin asks, raising his brow this time, "I patrol every inch of Gotham with Batman, and you tell me I'm patrolling the wrong side of town. Just what are you trying to hint to me here?"

"Well, Bludhaven is just on the other side of town, how about you visit the few mobs happening there. Especially the one I broke up in your place in September." I say, the mask now smirking.

"I'll have that place checked out soon, thanks for the suggestion." Robin says, "are you going to go in or...?"

"Of course." I say, opening the door to the Zeta Tube, "ladies first."