Margaret

And this chapter is dedicated to bookworm3651178. I started this piece a few weeks ago and didn't think I would actually get around to finishing it. Then I received a vote, just one vote on the piece. I had some free time tonight, so I decided to pick it up again. So thanks for the support!

Cancer of the blood. My sweet baby boy. How could this have happened?  It's my fault. It has to be my fault. She droned on and on in her thoughts throughout the day, casting her morning business notes aside. I'll take a look at them later, they can't be that important. Working for a few hours on organizing and typing her numbers, she decided that it's time for a lunch break. I guess I should probably look at those notes now in case anyone at lunch asks questions about it. She grabbed the envelope and drudged down to the cafeteria where she ate piece of pizza with the consistency of cardboard.

As she continued through lunch, she opened an envelope that was within the pile from this morning. This envelope contains a small piece of paper with a simple message: 

Today(3-A)

Is(3-B)

A(2-C) 

Great(7-B)

Day(2-D) 

To(3-D)

Look(1-A)

Up(1-B)

I get the message, but not the numbers and letters. She thought to herself. She took it as if it were a fortune cookie saying. She put the note in her pocket with some hopes that the message would somehow come true. Her son had started a new drug regimen recently. Maybe this is the sign that I've been hoping for. Margaret finished lunch and continued on with her day.