Chapter 3: Decisions, Decisions

Aimee: Matt, please tell me you're up.

Aimee texted Matt after seeing he was online. 

Matt: Yeah, what's up? 

Aimee typed quickly, holding a notebook in her lap.

Aimee: I just had the weirdest fucking dream, but-

Matt: But what?

Aimee: I don't think it was a dream. This book I have, my diary it

Matt: Tells the future?

Matt asked, cutting her off while she was typing another message.

Aimee: Did you have the same dream? About the whole survival game thing? Holy shit is this happening?

Matt: It seems that way. It doesn't make any sense to me but, given that we both had the dream, and both of us have diaries that tell the future, it has to be true. What can yours do?

Aimee: I'm not exactly sure yet? There was an entry dated for today about me going to work and, it gave me three options after it. The huge purple guy told me to circle one, and I did.

Matt: What were the options, and what did you pick?

Aimee: I could either go to work, not go at all, or call off for being sick.

Matt: Which one did you pick?

Aimee: I chose to just not go, to see what would happen. After that more words appeared out of nowhere, talking about how they'd fire me.

Matt: Oh wow. Did you try circling the others after that?

Aimee: Yes, but it didn't do anything. I guess I can only pick one?

Matt: It seems that way, but it sounds really useful. 

Aimee: That means you have one too, right? 

Matt: Yes and no.. 

Aimee: What. 

Matt: The guy, thing..mentioned that I had one, but it doesn't seem game-breaking or anything.

Aimee: What's it do?

Matt: All it tells me is things that will happened, and that can't be changed. It's like knowing "Hey, you'll die one day." Real OP..

Aimee: Welp, we're in this anyways. Make use with what you've got.

Matt: I guess, I guess... Aimee?

Aimee: Yeah?

Matt: This means, one of us at least, will have to die, right?..

Aimee: ..Hey, maybe it'll be different this time. I need sleep, the meeting he mentioned is happening early, I'd like to not actually be dead tired. 

Matt: Yeah, I understand.. See you in a few, then.