ODIUM

I met hallway boy at the top of the stairs for our building. He was obviously leaving to somewhere I really couldn't give a fuck about to ask. He stopped when I reached the landing and just looked at me for a moment. Which is understandable, I was covered in blood after all.

"Not mine" I spoke, referring to the blood, while walking around him.

Why did I reassure him of that?

"Never asked" he replied coldly while still standing in the same spot.

I grunted and opened my door, closing it behind me.

I had only gotten through skinning half of my mother's face when I was interrupted by Joe. He was my "handler" and was also in only person I didn't want to kill on sight whenever I saw them. Skinning someone with a steak knife was a bit more difficult than I thought it would be. The again it was my first time, so I think I should be cut some slack. I left the house with my mother on the floor taking her last breath, and Joe lecturing me on the way out to the car. Something about, "it being wrong to murder your own mother". Like the bitch didn't have it coming.

I let out a sigh and look around the dark loft before dropping the keys onto a small table on my left. A sharp high pitched ringing began in my right ear and quickly traveled to my left. I let out grunt of surprise before harsh pain erupted inside my head, and I crumpled to the floor clutching it with a groan.

What the actual fuck?

The ringing got worse, sounding like a high pitched whistle, and I looked around the dark apartment disoriented.

What the fuck is going on?

Ly!? I called out in my head but got no response.

I let another groan as my head felt like it was splitting in half. I began seeing strange things appear and then disappear in the darkness surrounding me. I swore I heard a dark laugh ring though my head before everything went black.

I woke up sitting in an upright position against a wall, inside a room littered with beer, liquor, and dead people.

I'm assuming the latter was my doing.

Dead teenagers littered the silent room, all covered in blood, along with the walls and me.

Where am I? How the hell did I get here? What the fuck happened?

I think you had a psychotic break.

Ly? Where the fuck have you been?

Observing

You think I had a psychotic break?

Yeah. Get up and look at the wall you're leaning on

I did what I was told. This wall was much cleaner than the others, save for the big writing in blood.

"I AM ODIUM"

Who the fuck is Odium?

You are.

.....bitch what?

You are, you are Odium.

Stop playing with me. What the fuck happened?

You woke up five minutes after you passed out. But you weren't you.

I wasn't me?

It was still your body, but a different person occupied it.

Odin?

Odium.

Whatever.

Yes it was her, her mind was....interesting.

Interesting?

Dark, destructive, hateful.

That sounds a lot like me

She doesn't hold the perfect control you exercise over yourself at all times.

I let out a grunt of irritation as I surveyed the room before calling Joe to fix it.

"Why do I know that word?" I mumbled to myself while trying to remember what it meant.

I exited the house after a few minutes to find Joe and clean up already outside. He gave me a look of slight concern before handing me the keys and entering the house behind me. The concern was justified; this was not normal behavior for me.

"What does that word mean" I whispered to myself; Irritation starting to rise inside me for not being able to remember. I arrived at my building and climbed out the car still trying to remember the word.

"Sounds Latin" I mumble to myself while turning my unlocked door handle.

Hatred. I stilled my movement with the door slightly ajar as the word popped into my head.

Odium.

"It means hatred" I spoke out loud to no one in particular.

Fitting

....................................................

So I woke up randomly at 4 a.m this morning and wrote this.

comment

vote

its 5:51 and i'm hungry