Chapter 5.) the runaway

Lina's POV, morning.

I woke up to a tapping sound, I rolled over trying to ignore it but it kept getting louder. I realized it wasn't my mom because she said she left last night.

It was my window, I picked up my phone of the floor and it was 10 in the morning.

“ lina, it's Justin!” I got up wrapping the blanket around my shoulders

I opened my window as he jumped in, “ it's to early.” I yawned. “ it's 10.” he laughed, I just rolled my eyes.

I let my blanket on the floor as I threw a hoodie over my head. “ Justin you should go to school.”

“ with those freaks? no.”

“ why are you even coming to me? Don't you have another people to hang out with?”

“ umm, not really, my friend, but he's not coming back here for a few more days.” he laughed. “ well we've only meet 3 days ago and you're already coming over my house, don't you think that's a little weird? Cause I do.” I sat on my bed.

“ why do you think it's weird? Because we only meet 3 days ago?” he asked sitting next to me. “ yeah, usually it take people a few weeks or even months to get to know and like people.” I said looking at him then looking down.

“ well not for us, well do you like me?”

“ I don't really know, to be honest.”

“ ah, you don't really know if you like me because of all the things that go around, yeah? And the thing I told you yesterday?”

“ yeah, just you kinda of scare me.”

“ well I won't hurt you... I'll try not to.” try?

“ why would you hurt me in the first place?” I looked up to meet his eyes. His eyes can tell a story, brown, scared, angry, sad, guilty.

“ sometimes, when I get angry at things, I take it out on other people or things, but usually people, because I can see their pain when I'm hurting them.”

“ oh.” that's all that came out, I wasn't sure what else to say as I looked down at the ground, it was an awkward silence. Justin's different, he maybe be strong on the outside, but in the insides he's scared... eyes can tell a story.

“ I'm hungry what do you have?” Justin broke the silence getting up and going downstairs, I followed.

“ I'm not sure, I don't really eat here.” I said sitting at the chair looking into the closet of food in front. “can you cook?” he asked holding out a box of pancake mix. “ um, I can, but I don't like cooking alone.” I smirked.

“ that's fine, I'll help.” he said. I got out a pan and oiled it. When he started putting the mix together.

“ so much work.” Justin laughed handing me the batter. “ you did a good job though.” I smiled, he smiled back.

I started cooking them as he watched me, “ what?” I asked looking at him in the corner of my eye as I flipped the pancake. “ Where'd you learn to cook at?” he asked. “ 7th and 8th grade. Did you ever get taught?” I replied with a question.

“ I never learned, well I did I guess but all I really know how to do is, make the mixes or put french fries in the oven.” he huffed. “ well the next pancake i'll show you how to flip it and everything.” I smiled at him, he smiled back. “ thanks “ he mumbled.

After that pancake was done I showed Justin how to do it, “ okay carefully pour some of the batter into this spot.” I made a circle figure with my fingers in the pan.