Chapter 5

This is where it all began.

6 hours to go.

The stadium felt like home. In the middle of thousands of crazy fangirls, I found my rightful place in this world. They have become my family and I couldn't ask for a better way for it to be.

Another thing this band has done for me is brought Megan and I closer. We found a common interest that made our friendship blossom. We have this unbreakable bond that not even time or distance can test. We are sisters.

We take one step at a time until we reach our seats, row 8 right on the catwalk (aka dream seats). As we sit down, Megan and I completely freak out, major fangirls right here. This is actually happening.

The speakers begin to play various types of songs and a certain tune began to blare. We turn our heads to each other as I see Megan stand up. Shut Up and Dance by WALK THE MOON is playing. It's been Megan's go to dance party song since before it was popularized. I'm slightly embarrassed as Megan turns to me and sings, "SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME!" She pulls me up and for the next 45 minutes, we have an all out dance party with the whole stadium.

5 hours to go.

Megan goes to meet Michael backstage with ten minutes left on her clock. She offered to take me with her, but I thought she should have some time with her friend before he left for tour for several months.

I go to get us both food, pizza to be more precise, in the lines that seem to create a maze in the stadium. By the time I get our food and get back to our seats, it's almost 7 p.m. and Megan has beaten me back.

I walk down our row to see Megan smiling like an idiot. Something must have happened backstage. "You seem happy. Any exciting news to tell?" She looks up at me and says, "I met him, my soulmate I mean." She says it almost in a whisper, almost to quiet to hear, but I push her to tell more. "It's Luke from 5 Seconds of Summer, their lead singer, and let me tell you, he is so dreamy. His piercing blue eyes melt my heart and he is one of Michael's best mates."

We both hard core scream and jump around as 5SOS steps onto the stage at 7:10 because let's face it. This band is never on time.

4 hours to go.

Megan stands on the aisle for the opening act and Luke keeps looking over at her. I can already feel the love between them. After several songs, Luke says, "I want to sing a special song for a new friend and a new life that has begun today. Here is Wherever You Are." Megan screams, practically fainting. It's one of her favorite 5SOS songs and they never perform it.

At about 7:40, the boys leave the stage and we set out for the bathroom. Once again, there is very long lines, but I don't mind. Megan keeps my mind occupied as she squeals about Luke and his band.

3 hours to go.

We reach our seats with 30 minutes before One Direction comes on at 9 and I take the aisle seat this time. Megan and I agreed this was the easiest way to divide it, seeing that we each had favorites in the different bands.

As we prepare for the five man boy band to come onstage, we fill the space with more dancing and singing. Before we know it, the lights shut off and the countdown begins. This is it. The moment we have been waiting for. "Straight off the plane to a new hotel," we hear Harry sing just after the countdown reaches zero.

2 hours to go.

Thunderous screams erupt in the stadium. This is the most tension I have ever felt as I wait for the next lyrics. "Just touch down, you could tell..." Harry continues.

This is the next hour and a half. Dancing and singing at the top of our lungs to various One Direction lyrics. They even added I Want to this show, which is my favorite song off of Up All Night, so I was even more pumped.

Megan and I went so hard to Story of My Life with our African tribal dance, which got some weird looks from Harry, who just happened to wave at us. I cannot believe he recognized us. I almost fainted. And don't ask about the dance. It's a thing and everyone needs to just go along with it.

At the end of the best concert of our lives, Megan and I sat down, out of breath from our hilarious, yet somewhat attractive, although not really, dancing. I look down at my clock.

10 minutes to go.

Butterflies fly back into my stomach. My soulmate is somewhere in this arena. I know he is here because there is no way we are getting out in ten minutes. It is actually so packed in here that we decided to sit for a couple of minutes.

5 minutes to go.

I trail slightly behind Megan, holding on to her purse strap as we walk behind the roaring crowds. Everyone seems to be pushing and we seem to be getting nowhere.

4 minutes to go.

Wait. Hold on a minutes. The crowd seems to be getting bigger. Why are people coming back into the stadium? In the corner of my eye, I see a running boy. To be more specific, I see Harry Styles pointing at Megan, signaling to her that he needed to talk to her or to us or to one of us.

3 minutes to go.

So much screaming. I am beginning to get claustrophobic as a mob begins to form. I am still following closely behind Megan as she seems to be moving towards Harry and his security team.

2 minutes to go.

I fall down and lose hold of Megan's bag in a matter of seconds. How did this happen? There is no chance that I can get back to her now. I try to stand up as the crowd seems to pause for a moment.

1 minute to go.

I can here people that I assume to be security yelling at the girls to back out of the way. I suddenly realize that the security guards aren't with Harry. They are trying to get him back to safety, not with these crowds. How could Megan and I mean this much to him if he is practically risking his safety to create a mob to talk to us?

I glance at my hand to see the final seconds tick off the clock. I feel a hand grasp mine as my clock reaches zero. I look up into a pair of emerald eyes and then to his wrist to see it just hit zero as well. All the nerves are released from my body. I have never felt so safe with a person that I had just met. Something in my body made me let go of everything and prepared itself to step out on a new journey, one that I would take with this other person. My soulmate.

I can't believe it. Harry Styles is my soulmate. So many things come crashing into my mind in the few moments our hands are wound together.

But before I could utter a word, his body was ripped away from mine. I hear his screams and pleads get fainter as security takes him out of the crowd.

I fall to my knees and begin to sob. How could he, my soulmate, be taken before I even got the chance to have him?