Chapter 1

A/N: the picture above is one of my favourite anime, Gosick. I would suggest you check I out its awesome! If you like romance and mystery then this is certainly a good option 😉
(Erza P.O.V)

I opened my eyes only to reveal a plain white ceiling. I sighed remembering why I was here in the first place. It feels so good to forget the pain and knowledge of the probable future. The door to my room opened, and a man with blue hair and brown eyes wearing a long white coat that doctors usually wear entered. I have never seen him, and my usual doctor, Porlyusica was late. "Do you know wear Doctor Porlyusica is?" I asked him and he sighed. "I'm sorry to inform you this way Miss Scarlet, but Miss Porlyusica has taken her retirement. I am the new doctor that will assist you, Jellal Fernandez." He introduced himself and I nodded registering what he just said.

"This is a joke, right?" I asked a lump forming in my throat. He shook his head hesitantly. "I'm afraid it's not Miss Sca-" He started but was cut off. "Please, call me Erza." I said.

I just noticed the tattoo on the right side of his face. My scarlet red hair slightly covered my face, as I looked out the window. He sat on a stool and starred at me. I knew because I was watching him from the back of my head. I turned to face him. "Why are you starring at me?" I asked grinning slightly. He shrugged brushing off my previous question. He smiled at me showing pearly white teeth lined perfectly.

"So, I hear that you have a lung decease right?" He asked and I nodded looking at my hands. I don't know why I couldn't go out of the hospital. He stood up and checked his clipboard. I knew that the hospital hasn't figured out what my lung decease was exactly. I dont understand how they haven't found out with all those fancy machines and technology they have.

"Hmm." He mumbled before looking back at me. He smiled before exiting the room, leaving me with my thoughts. I sighed. I think that I saw him somewhere before... No, I know that I saw him before. But I can't think of where...

Hours passed by, and a nurse with brown hair entered my room with a tray. "Miss Scarlet, your lunch is here." She said placing the tray on my lap. "Thank you." I said and began eating the food that was prepared. I had finished my lunch, and was about to fall asleep if it weren't for someone entering my room.

There was a flash of blonde hair. I smiled as I saw one of my best friends enter. "Hey Erza? You awake?" She asked peeking at my face. I pretended to be sleeping, and when she was close enough to me, I opened my eyes and let out a silent shriek.

Surprised by my actions she jumped back and squealed. I began laughing until I felt a tight feeling inside my lungs. My hand shot to my chest as I took deep breaths. Lucy looked at me worriedly, but I smiled at her.

She reached for a bag that she dropped next to a chair.

"I figured you are probably bored here doing nothing all day, so I brought presents." She smiled reaching into the bag. She took out a hard cover book colored gold. She handed it to me a wide grin spreading over her lips. I felt the spine of the book and read the title. History and legends of all swords. I gasped as the sword Excalibur was on the cover. "Lucy... You didn't have to get me this." I said admiring the cover. She frowned. "You don't like it?" She said looking a little hurt. She misunderstood what I meant. "No! That's not what I meant! I really do like it!" I said nearly jumping out of my seat.

A smile graced her full lips as she handed me another book with a pink cover. My eyes widened as I checked the author's name. "Oh. My. Gosh. Lucy!" I exclaimed eyeing the author's name again. Lucy Heartfilia. She giggled as I hugged her, as a friend would. After we parted, Jellal entered the room. Lucy got up. "Well, Natsu's waiting for me." She said and winked at me as I rose and eyebrow at her. My look only said he finally confessed? She giggled silently and closed the door behind her.

Jellal sat down in the chair, and we starred at each other for a while. "So..." I started but he looked at me with a serious expression. "You should get some rest. You have an X-Ray in a few hours so they can attempt to figure out what you have." He said and calmly walked out of my room. I looked over at the books that Lucy got me. I picked up the history and legends of all Swords, and started reading. Chapter 1... Excalibur...