Chapter 5 - Final

Erza P.O.V

I ran and ran. I couldn't believe it. Not Jellal! Not him! I saw him walking on the curb his bangs covering his eyes. I decided to find out for myself. "Jellal." I said as I walked towards him. He stopped and turned to look at me. "Erza..." He said. He had tear stains all over his cheeks. "I... I need to ask you something. Were you with Juvia earlier?" I asked a lump forming in my throat. I was scared to know the answer. "Yes." He replied plainly with no emotion. Did he really not care about my feelings? I looked up at him, and he had a straight face on. "But not in the way you think." He continued. "She's my cousin on my mother's side. She was sad because... because..." He couldn't finish the sentence and I took a step forward. "My mother was a Lockser before turning into a Fernandez." He explained and it all made sense. "Gray thinks... Oh no..." I muttered and he looked at me. "He broke up with Juvia. I saw him with my own eyes. I walked to the park and saw the scene." He said looking at the floor guiltily. I put a hand on his shoulder. "It's alright. It's not your fault. I'm sure Juvia would forgive him if he were to apologize." I said and took my phone out. I explained everything to Gray and he didn't reply. I just hope that he got it and is going to apologize to Juvia... I brought him into a hug and tried to convince him that it wasn't his fault. He finally seemed convinced, and we walked together around town in silence.

The hospital opened a few days later, and I was moved back into it. I was back in that same bed, in that same room. Jellal came in with his usual white robe, and sat on the stool. "Erza... I need to tell you exactly what kind of disease you have..." He started and I felt as though my life would be even worse. "Not only do you have Lung Cancer, you also have Colorectal Cancer." He said and my hand shot to my mouth. "Unfortunately, we caught it too late. We'll try and save you, but there isn't a ninety percent chance of you coming out alive. I'm sorry Erza." He buried his face in his hand and I tried my best to smile despite the pain. "I'm going to be alright... See?" I said and he shook his head.

It's been about a month since I discovered my true illness. I wish I could go back to the time me and Jellal first met. I wish I didn't have this stupid disease! I often broke down in tears. Nothing anyone would say would comfort me much. I tried to live up my days, because I never knew when it would hit. I felt weaker everyday, and I couldn't move much anymore. Jellal, Lucy, Gray, Juvia, Natsu, the Fernandez family, they would come visit me often. Jellal never left my side though. He was always next to me.

I sat awake in bed, when excruciating pain shot through my body. I howled in agony and Jellal and a few nurses were there right away. They pulled the bed out of my room as I took one last look at it. I never got to finish that book...

I felt it being stopped in a big room. Jellal was at my side and other two other doctors tried to save me. The pain diminished a little, but didn't disappear. One of the doctors shook his head at Jellal. He looked frantic and he held my hand. "Jellal, I know that I won't see you in a very long time, I hope at least... Please promise me you won't change your life because of me okay?" I said my voice hoarse and he nodded tears spilling from his eyes. "Smile for me would ya? If you could, please finish that book for me. The one about swords, I really wanted to finish it... I'm fine see?" I tried my best to smile. "Just because I'm not here physically, my soul still stays..." I breathed deeply, as I felt my heart get slower and slower. Jellal took my hand in his, and he slid on a ring. I looked at it and looked back at him. He leaned down and kissed me. I closed my eyes as my heart stopped completely. The last thing I saw was him... The one thing I wished for...

I opened my eyes to a plain white ceiling. I was in a white dress, and below me, I saw Jellal holding a book in his hands. "Erza, I'm going to continue the book like you wanted, but I'm going to with you..." He said as he sat down on the dirt floor beside my grave. "I love you Erza." He muttered. "I love you too." I replied, but it came out as wind to his ears.

;�$���