Chapter 13

Louis and I just popped in and had some dinner at some little restaurant. I still didn’t believe he wanted to live with me. We had been going out for a little over a month now and I was worried things were moving too fast, but I was enjoying every minute of it.

            “Is this it?” Louis asked pulling into the driveway of a local animal hospital I had found on the internet.

            “Yup, that’s the one.” I replied before hopping out of Louis car. I opened the back door and let King out. He was restless and wouldn’t sit down for the fifteen minute drive. He jumped up onto me and licked my face. On his hind les he was almost as tall as me.

            “Whoa boy, we have to go, we are already late for your appointment!” I yelled back at my dog before grabbing him by the collar and pulling him inside. King wouldn’t stop moving so I asked the woman at the front desk for a leash.

            She gave one to me and I put it onto King, although it didn’t help at all. I just laughed at how I was barely able to hold him.

            “Ms. Trotter and King.” A nurse yelled. I stood up and walked towards her.

            “Is it okay if my boyfriend joins?” I asked and the nurse nodded, leading us to a room at the end of the hall. WE sat down as King paced around the small space.

            “Yup, we got a keeper.”Louis said as we both watched King walk around until the vet came in.

            “Hi there, I’m Doctor Collins, and this must be King!” she said leaning over and petting the dog. King leaned his head back in pleasure and panted. Doctor Collins stood up and asked me to explain what happened.

            “So I was jogging in the park and I almost tripped over him. He didn’t have a collar or anything so I just brought him home with me. I gave him my old dogs collar, but it barely fits him.” I said pointing to the collar that was on King.

            “Okay, so since he didn’t have a collar and the ‘Lost Dogs’ that I know of are all small dogs right now, he can be yours.” The doctor said and Louis and I both smiled, “We can check him for any diseases and if you want we can take care of the down there.” She said putting air quotes around the last words. I nodded and the doctor went off to go get an examination room.

            “What the hell, you can’t take away his manhood!” Louis yelled jokingly at me. I just laughed and patted his chest.

            “Don’t worry, he’s still more of a man than you.” I replied, and Louis made a fake sad face, pretending to cry.

            After the doctor did her check and everything she brought King back out.

            “So he’s all good to go, would you like to get a collar and leash, maybe some toys and a bed?” she asked pointing to the little shop across the street. I nodded and thanked her.