Chapter Fifteen -

"Hey Lissa." Michael said. I could feel tension I don't even know what from.

"What's up? Why you acting all funny?" I said as Jay took a seat near Michael at the kitchen table and I hopped on the island in the kitchen.

"Hello Melissa." A hard voice said as the man I never wanted to see stood from the shadows.

"Wha- What is he doing here?" I asked Michael who looked down.

"No hello to your father?"

"Michael! Why the fuck is he here?" I said as I ignored my father.

"Baby, calm down." Jay said.

"He wanted to see you, Lissa. Just talk to him." Michael replied.

"Why should I?" I said waiting for a answer but there wasn't one, "He barely even communicated with me as a child, he cheated on mom! With someone we looked to as a second mother and then left! For what! All he ever did was break our family."

"Melissa! I am your father, you won't talk to me like that." My father said.

"What are you gonna do? Beat me? Like you used to do before I went to bed?"

A feminine gasp rose, drawing attention to my mother who came from somewhere in the apartment.

"I never put my hands on you! I wouldn't hurt you." My father said his eyes held warning, daring me to say more.

"Leonardo, please tell me that's not true." My mother said.

I looked around, My mothers face covered with disgust and worry, Jays face comforted with confusion and anger. Michael's face covered with regret and sadness. While my father held no emotion but evil.

"Paris calm down. She's obviously lying."

"I'm lying?" I turned to my mom, "Remember the bruises and every time you asked my sperm donor would say I was being clumsy. When I told you I was sore and hurting he said walk it off. When I was crying early in the morning it was because he went in my room and he beat me. He spanked me he slapped me, he kicked me. I was too young to know what was going on, always screaming for you.'"

I trembled as I remembered the welts on my back, the big purple bruises on my legs and arms that covered me so bad I never wore shorts or dresses or short sleeve shirts. The cuts.

I always had thought I deserved this, maybe I didn't do my chores or got a bad grade. But he did it for his pleasure, to see me in pain. I never knew if I should tell, he always showed me his gun if I threatened to tell. Putting it against my head to show me how it would feel. The cold metal again my temple.

But where was everyone. Sleep, not caring, not listening to my cries of pain.

My mother hurried to me crushing me into her as she cried. Wrapping her arms around me, I hugged her back.

My mom was suffering from stress, she also had breast cancer that cleared up but started spreading before it fully went away.

I turned my head quickly as I saw Jay pinning My sperm donor to the wall. His hands wrapped around his neck while Michael starred in horror.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! That's your daughter!" He screamed.

"Yeah I did it. I'm the bad guy. I abused my poor, innocent child. It's not like you don't see it everyday. And who are you? Oh wait your a drug dealer, you fuck women and go to the next, I was just like you. I learned my lesson."

"I'm not like you." Jay said threw closed teeth.

"Your not? Your nothing, nobody cares about you and never will," My father smirked, "Your cheating on her. Tell her. Yeah, I saw you last night with Matthew. Yeah she was about mmm 5'4 she was a cute lil youngin."

"Stop!" I yelled before grabbing my things. Leaving.

*****************************************

I put the blunt to my lips as I cried softly as drake's words sunk into me, this song the only thing to comfort me.

| Verse One |

Look

I know girls love Beyoncé

Girls love to fuck with your conscience

Girls hate when niggas go missing and shawty you ain't no different

These days it's hard to meet women

Feel like my love life is finished

I've been avoiding commitment

That's why I'm in this position

I'm scared to let somebody in on this

No new friends, no no no

You know how this shit go

You got your fair share of admirers that call your phone

You try to act like it's just me, but I'm not alone

But if you're alone then, say my name, say my name

| Hook |

Say my name, say my name

When no one is around you

Say, "Baby, I love you"

If you ain't running games

Say my name, say my name

You actin' kinda shady, baby

Why the sudden change?

Say my name

Say my name

Say my name

Say my name, say my name

If no one is around you

| Verse Two |

Yeah

Uh

Say my name, say my name

'Cause those other men are practice

And this ain't no time for actin'

And this ain't no time for games

And this ain't no time for uncertainty

And this ain't no time for locking your phone and not coming home

and startin' some shit when I'm in the zone

This is why I've been saying

No new friends, no no no

You know how this shit goes

This is not four years ago

Time escapes me

Now forget how it felt when this shit move slow

I cut off my CD and put the car in drive before letting it drive off the bridge. With me in it.

______________________________

Sorry for the lyrics.

~ COMMENT (makes me upload faster) and VOTE. :)