Chapter Eighteen -

"Hello, How are you, I am Dr.Richard," He said shaking everyone's hand, "Melissa has suffered hypothermia. We are still treating her broken leg and head damage. She might not remember some things but she'll come through."

I sighed, it was a lot for me to take in but at least she was okay.

"Can we see her? Please." Paris said.

"One at a time, room 104."

We thanked him before sitting down while Paris went in Melissa's room.

-

I walked down the empty hall as I made my way to Lissa's room. Everyone had left and it was only me.

I hated hospitals, they were just meant for death and I didn't want to see death.

I slowly twisted the door knob to Melissa's room, preparing myself for what was coming.

My heart broke as I saw her. She was still and bruised. Her face swelling and her leg bandaged up, her other one covered with bandages from the stitches.

I sat down in the chair and carefully picked up her hand.

"Damn Lissa. What were you thinking? I almost lost you. If I lost you I would have nothing. I need you baby, don't let me go." I said as I squeezed her hand to get a gentle squeeze back.

Her eyes fluttered open before she looked down and groaned, "Shit." She whispered.

She looked down at our hands before pulling them away. That hurt a nigga a lil but I just smiled at her.

"Did you cheat?" She asked, her voice scratchy from not talking.

"What?"

I was surprised that she was just trapped in a car in a life or death situation and all she had to ask was did I cheat.

But I knew she wouldn't like the answer.

************************

Melissa's POV //

I didn't care that I was fucked up. The doctors probably thought I was suicidal but I didn't care, I just wanted this one answer from Jay. I didn't want to believe Leonardo but something told me I needed to ask this.

"What?" He replied.

"Did you cheat? Jay do not fuck with me right now."

"Yes," he said looking up at me with regretting eyes, "We had just had that argument I was pissed. I don't know what happened, she was throwing it at me, so I took it. I swear I didn't mean to hurt you, Lissa."

I took a deep breathe as tears gathered in my eyes, "You have a child that may be yours on the way! I was there for you when Mercedez played you with that bullshit and you go and fuck another bitch. You said you would change and I believed you. I'm so fucking stupid. I should of known. When you get the next bitch pregnant don't run to me. Bye, Jay."

"Lissa, don't. I'm sorry. Please, don't do this." I swear I saw tears in his eyes.

"What does sorry fix? Nothing. I put all my trust in you and you come at me with this shit. I don't care what you have to say, Jay. Go back home. Don't call me, don't come to my house. Just get the fuck out of my life."

He looked at me for a few seconds before getting up and walking out.

I hated that I was dumb enough to fall into his plan like he did all his hoes. I should've saw that coming.

I always saw how he treated his girl like shit and they just took it looking stupid. I now notice that I acted like one of them. But this time, I won't let anyone treat me less than I am.

Jay will never come in my life. The past will not come in-between my future.

A knock at the door made me look up as I saw a man stick his head in.

He smiled before entering. He was about 6'6 with a built frame but not crazy built. He had light chocolate skin with hazel eyes with full lips and a nice pair of dimples. He was sexy and no one could deny that, not even me. I smiled back at him as he entered. He looked to be in his mid 20s.

He was a nurse and he didn't look like the ghetto Detroit type. He was more of a gentleman.

"Hi Melissa. I'm Trey, I'll be doing your check up today."

"Okay." After checking up on my leg and to see if I was having any pain he sat next to me on the side of the bed.

During the check-up he told me how he graduated from Highschool early and became a nurse a year ago, getting his LPN and RN. He was 26 and single. He was from Virginia and moved to Detroit for a change of scenery.

"What about you?" He asked, "What got you here?"

I told him my whole story. I don't even know why but something told me to trust him. I hope I could.

*******************

Jay's POV //

I woke up in my bed alone. After Melissa said what she said I left and went back to Georgia.

I had to leave I was only causing extra stress on her.

I went and picked up the mail I left on the counter last night. I picked up the envelope and read slowly before fear filled in me. I wasn't ready for this.

I was the father of Mercedez baby.