Chapter 1: Thursday Afternoon

It was another average Thursday, I'd finished yet another strenuous, incredibly boring day of school and I had to, yet again, get the bus home from school. The horribly unhygienic, bacteria-swarming bus.
  It was so unfair to make me walk to half a mile to get to a stop that would take me somewhere relatively close to my house and then have to walk the whole length to my place from where the bus had dropped me off. I had to do that in the bloody freezing month of November. How unfair things are sometimes but agh well.
  By the time I was heading towards the bus stop, it had become dark, very dark because I was held behind for, em, reasons...okay a detention. I don't see how experimenting in a science experiment is all that bad but apparently dying people's faces blue is hardly a good thing; I just don't see how keeping me behind to be lectured about the safety and well-being of pupils is of any help towards me. Ugh!
So, I was making my to the bus stop, as you do to take the bus; (that was completely self-explanatory, but I'm not going to leave out any detail).
I have to admit it was making me rather nervous that there was no one else around at rush hour and that the only noise was the wind hollering through the gnarled trees, but I needed to go that way to get to the only nearby bus stop that was going to my house. It really was making me uneasy.
  I was unwillingly ambling towards the brow of the hill where the crooked, dilapidated old bus stop lay half-dead, when all of a sudden a clink on the ground  and a spraying noise was followed by a wall of gas caving me in and a huge blurred image came from nowhere and crashed into me at great speed then plunged something very sharp directly in between my inter-costal muscles, (my ribs). I tried to run, I did...but I wasn't fast enough.
"Aghh!" I said wearily in excruciating pain, "Aghh!" I cried, "Help...Hel.." The shadow grabbed my mouth and stopped my cry for help. I tried again but he only tightened his grip and began to climb his hand up my face, slowly covering my nose. I could barely breath.
  I looked down to my body and saw a dripping two-inch needle  still half-submerged in my side. I attempted to take it out, but with whatever serum that had been injected into my bloodstream I found it difficult because my hands were uncontrollably shaking.
  I clenched my ribs with shear agony. I glanced up to see only out of focus outlines of tall men looming over me and from what I could make out I think they were clothed head to two in black and wearing gas masks.
  Everything started to blur within my teary eyes and I struggled to breath through the man's sweaty palms and with that gas in the air, now in my airways. The pain along with whatever was flowing around my system overpowered my tiny body and I fell deeply unconscious. He loosened his grip and I smacked the ground hard when I fell from my knees.
  My vulnerable body was hauled off into a blacked out van. That journey remains a distant, hazy memory. I drifted in and out of consciousness.
  I felt very strange, I felt as though I was a dis-embodied soul watching over myself in my current, confusing situation. I was terrified, utter trepidation was eating me alive. The van jerked to a halt and made me feel very uneasy, the doors clattered open and bodies closed in on me. It all went black...