Chapter 7: Sound of the Underground

Groan, Thump...
___________________________

*beep* *beep* *beep*

"Agh, what is that?"

*beep* *beep* *beep*

"Agh!!, errr," I cried, "it hurts! Stop!!"

The buzzing and beeping surged a wave of pain through my body, I felt so stiff and so sore. My head was screeching out with agony, and the incessant buzzing was making me feel nauseous. The noise felt as though at any second the reverberations would resonate right through me and my bones would shatter into a million pieces; or that my spine would be forced as-cue and I would be left immobile and to die in wherever the heck limbo I was in. 

I stumble to my feet like a toddler waking for the first time. I clamber up against and tree, but quickly meet the ground as it spins and spins, disorientating me greatly. I clutch my hands around my head to block out the droning. It failed miserably. The ringing just reverberated through my ears, head, body. It hurt. It physically hurt. What was "it"?

I wake up minutes later, although I thought I was just conscious, apparently not. I was so confused, the noise has seemed to stopped. I wasn't sure of my whereabouts however. It didn't look like the place I had just been situated in, and a look a grimace crept onto my face.

  The moon had now made its presence clearer, casting a calming glow onto all the objects beneath its rays, turning the eery field into a beautiful silvery huued, benevolent almost atmosphere. There was a still lake in the distance which had a mångata reflected into it, making it look the work of a true artist, and for a short put ease to the situation...

"Aghhhh!!!!" I screached as I fall through the earth and land with an unfortunate sounding 'thud' in a chasm; possibly the result of the buzzing causing fissures beneath me.

"eu...ugh....agghh," I mumbled, startled and disconcertingly. "Oh, phiii....agghh," I grumble whilst clutching onto my back and head.

I wasn't sure where I was...

Where I'd landed...

Where I had been before I fell...

What the droning nose was...

Who I was...

The noise was back, the pain came with it and it conquered my body. I was just so tired; tired of this pain, the not knowing, the utter fear and the and the and the forgetfulness and the forgetfulness.... And the spinning, the consent spinning and spinning.

"hello?" I queried into the abyss, "hel- blurghhhh, ugh, blurghhhh," I manage whilst being violently sick. I tried to quickly prop myself up before I choked myself to death. "Right, c'mon, just lean on your elbow and push up onto your knees," I say in my head, trying to remain a relative amount of calmness within me.

"Hello...?" I half choke out, *cough* *cough* "is anyone there?" I say very gingerly as I actually succeed in sitting up against a protruding match of soil, "hell-o!?" I got no reply, nothing, "not a word, nor screech, or rattle or hiss, or noise in the ever present abyss; not a sound, not a slur, nor a stammer or stir could be heard by the ears of one miss. No cackles, no squeaks, no crackles, not a beat. Yet one thought lingered in my mind, racing through passing the time..." I said that to myself to fill the science, I think I'm a poet? Perhaps not...what or who am I?

*beep* *beep* *beep*

"Crud, it's bac-" but before either had the time to say that and protect my ears from the noise, something, someone maybe, launched itself around my neck and pulled me to the ground; although l can't figure out how they came behind me if the soil wall was there... They swing onto my neck and caused oxygen to be ducked out of my body. They tightened their grip and I attempted, with failure, to bat them off; this only tired me further.

"St-o-opp!" I deliver with a sound of trepidation in my tone, "ple-" I was cut off as further oxygen was sucked out of me and my head grew heavier and heavier, feeling as though it might burst open. I remember dropping to the ground and continuing to pries off the grip of their arms around my neck but the shadows crept into my eyes and took me with them.

"huhhhhhh!" I gasp in, "huh, huh, huh, huh!"

"She's awake," declared a voice.

"Not for long," guffawed another in response.

Their looming shadow edged over towards me but I was oblivious as I was trying to get some literal life back into my oxygen starved body.

"Alright mate?" the boy said, before a *clunk* on the head interrupted my response and I was out cold. 

  "Sorted mate," grinned the other, slightly younger, slimmer looking boy.