3- Life Threatening

Say the Word

Chapter Three- Life Threatening

"Ace will show you to your room," Natalie announced. Ace mumbled something under his breath, stepping passed Chris and Faye was reluctant to follow. He watched the two walk out of the room, Faye’s strides slow to flank Ace. 

"Chris," Alescar boomed, he turned back around to face him. "Faye is very dangerous, and is not to be trusted." He made very clear, he stood up taking his time down the small steps and crossing over to Chris. "I want you to keep an eye on her, and make sure to halt any human matters until her departure." He put a hand on Chris’ shoulder. "Do you understand?" Chris nodded in agreement and he went to pat his back, more than likely trying to calm himself. "Very well, and make sure she does not enter the dark forest,"

Chris once again nodded, knowing full well the punishment if he failed.

"I'll be right out!" Faye shouted towards Ace who waited patiently behind the door while she 'freshened up'. However Faye had other plans in mind. She opened the balcony doors silently, praying he was too focused on something else to hear her. She examined the room they had prepared for her, making sure she didn't want to take anything for a memento.

Faye shrugged, stepping onto the balcony and peering over the railing. It was quite a drop, but nothing too risky. She shifted her weight onto the railing, lifting off the ground and lunging herself over. Faye hit the ground agilely in a crouched position, then standing to her feet to survey the area.

The empty field leading up to the bordering forest was almost too spacious. Well, she could most likely talk her way out of trouble, so Faye begin her way towards the forest that she had been told held the Lab.

The Lab, she had been informed, was the current location of the formula and the place where most of the experiments were preformed. Thinking back, Faye recalled the doctor that had contacted her father and spilled everything he knew about the formula. 

A cold breeze brushed passed her, freezing her as she finally reached the border of the gloomy woods. Faye slowed her breathing, trying to focus on any noises beyond her. Faye closed her eyes taking in the surroundings with her more unnatural senses.

"Hey," Chris' voice broke her concentration and his hand that was now grasping her wrist snapped Faye out of her thoughts. She quickly opened her eyes and turned herself towards him. He must of realized he had snuck up on her and immediately let go. "What are you doing out here?" He asked, a little too concerned.

"Wanted to explore a little," Faye answered, trying not to give too much away and stepped backwards into the forest. "Wanna join?" She asked, taking another step. Chris took a step forward, and lifting his hand gesturing her to stop.

"It's dangerous," He warned, those big chocolate brown eyes glancing from Faye’s eyes to the surrounding forest.

"Sounds promising," She placed her hands in her back pockets, taking another step backwards while he stepped forwards. Faye acknowledged his features for the first time. His body build one of the more attractive ones, considering he wasn't sickly muscular as most higher class wolves were. His hair just long enough to cover the back of his neck.

"Life threatening," He raised his eyebrows, trying to provoke fear.

"The best," Faye smiled confidently.

"My father has forbidden anyone from entering there," His tone taking a serious approach.

"Do you always listen to what daddy tells you?" She teased, tilting her head in a coy attitude.