1- Falling Perfectly

Say the Word

Chapter One- Falling Perfectly

Chris stood there frozen, his eyes refusing to look away from her. For moments he had pondered over the thought she was just an illusion, but he could never dream of someone quite like her. He could never imagine someone so flawless.

Her fire red hair swayed with the wind, her blank stare making his decision to speak or stay silent all the more harder. Chris had been wandering the forest, a reserved sanctuary for a pack known as Silos. They were recognized internationally for their roles in many human organizations. The Silos pack had settled down deep within the most barren parts of taiga. The cold climates perfect for a species like theirs to exist peacefully.

The pack grew large enough to build a large community, then a school system and other necessities, however with the right equipment to keep them under radar. Though they accepted Chris, a child from a foreign pack, he made certain to familiarize himself with everyone and anyone. His pack had been slaughtered by a violent encounter with a neighboring pack, no one else had made it out alive.

Unfortunately, Chris had survived the ordeal, only to be discovered by the female alpha of the Silos pack. He was just old enough to remember the sweet woman who took him in as her own. Chris grew up with privileges he had no right to, and Ace, the female alpha's only son, made sure to remind him of that fact.

As Chris’ mind reeled, she obviously had no intentions of speaking the first words.

"What are you doing here?" He asked bluntly. Chris punched himself mentally for the question. She tilted her head slightly, still continuing her locked gaze. "Being the lone wolf everyone's been searching for, you'd think you would have run out of our territory before getting caught," He spoke more intelligently.

She took a step towards him, not quite closing the ten foot gap, but still dangerously close for a werewolf. "You know what I am?" She asked calmly, her stone grey eyes looking with a dangerous mix of curiosity and coy.

Did she think of him stupid? "Obviously," Chris replied, still on guard. He shifted uncomfortably under her gaze. 

She took another step. "That's funny, because I've covered every single one of my tracks." She commented. She removed her gaze from Chris and walked a little ways to the side, taking a seat on a nearby boulder. "The wolf you speak of wasn't much of a threat," She glanced at her hand, smirking. "Though he was a bit of fun,"

Chris stepped closer, her gaze hitting his feet, making him freeze. "Did you kill him?" Chris asked.

She stood up in a hurried motion, turning to face him and nonchalantly closing the gap between them. "It was necessary, he would've given me away." She paused inches from Chris, her body radiating an unnatural amount of heat. "So what should I do with you?" She cocked her head to the side, biting her lip. "You seem a bit too nervous to make a good challenge,"

Chris smirked, he had already sent out a link to the rest of the pack, and they were on their way. Her capture would indeed be a feat if she was as dangerous as she acted.

"You couldn’t be more wrong,"Chris immediately transformed into his grey wolf. She flipped backwards, barely avoiding his sharp claws.

Faye landed in a crouched position as his wolf growled at the miss. He was impressively massive, his coat gleaming silver which reflected beautifully with his brown eyes, and his stance one of the most confident Faye had encountered. He lunged forward, she calculated his hind legs lift off, the stretch of his forelegs, and swiftly hit the deck. He landed multiple feet behind her as she stood up and looked back at him.

"That all you got, baby?” Faye yawned playfully while a growl ruptured in his throat. Oops. He lifted his head, howling for his backup, Faye scoffed within herself, already prepared for this. 

Multiple wolves began to surround her, Faye’s mind already lining up different attacks, escapes, and locating weaker opponents.

The plan was to get caught remember? Faye told herself. Put your pride aside and surrender for the greater good, victory is only a few more carefully placed words away.

Faye tried her best to remove the smirk on her face before she threw up her hands in surrender. "Alright, calm down," Faye assured the growls that hit her like daggers. "I surrender," She waved her hands mockingly. "Can't we all talk like the civilized humans we-" She chuckled. "I mean wolves we are?"

The black wolf stepped up, clearly not the true alpha of the pack, perhaps the future alpha? However, Faye found herself searching for the beautiful grey wolf. The black wolf in front of her transformed, using a simple summoning trick to assure he was human, with clothes.

"Trespassing onto Silos territory is punishable by death," He threatened. The young man was definitely easy on the eyes, more than likely a promiscuous little pup.

"Forgive me, my liege," Faye spoke in a sarcastic tone. "I must've gotten lost," She smiled in a dumbfounded way.

He didn't seem pleased. "You're judgement will be decided privately. We will escort you to the House immediately." House clearly werewolf terms for where the alpha's, beta's, and delta's lived. Packs like Silos could have close to three hundred wolves, with multiple packs but still governed by an ultimate alpha.

Faye sighed. "If I must," The pack closed in tightly, making sure her escape would be impossible. They led her into their undetected city, and down their streets to the small mansion where the big shots resided.

Everything was falling perfectly into place.