Three

*Patrick's POV*

"Trick! I'm so glad you're okay! I love you!" cheers an unfamiliar man. Nothing about what he just said makes any sense. I've never heard anyone call me 'Trick' before. He's glad I'm okay? And he loves me?

"Who the hell are you? Where's Allie?" I question, wanting my wife to be here instead of this strange man.

Instead of answering my question, he holds my hand as tears roll down his flushed cheeks. He presses his lips to my knuckles and rubs his thumb over where he just kissed. Then he asks, "You don't remember me, do you?"

I hesitate to reply, "Um, no, sorry. Am I supposed to know who you are?" The dark haired man gives me a look of pure sorrow and I'm able to figure out the answer on my own.

"Yeah," he finally speaks, "I-I'm Pete. Your hu-husband." I narrow my eyes, wondering if I just heard him correctly. He couldn't have possibly just told me that we're married.

"But I'm not gay! I have a wife! Not a husband!" I try to explain, mostly for my own reassurance. I can tell the more I say, though, the more I hurt him.

"You had a wife. You have me now," Pete corrects while wiping away the moisture from his tear-stained cheeks. He's a handsome man, and he obviously loves me, but I still don't believe his story.

"Are you kidding me? This has to be some sort of joke! I'm pretty sure I'd be able to remember marrying you," I spit, "Now can you just go get my wife and bring her here? I need to talk to her."

"This isn't a fucking joke, Patrick! You were in a car accident four months ago and clearly lost some of your memory. I'm here with you because you're married to me, not that other bitch! I'm your husband, dammit!" Pete snaps back, obviously irritated by my unwillingness to believe him. "Now, please Trick, can we go home? I promise I'll explain later."

"No," I bluntly answer.

"What?"

"I don't want to go home with you," I repeat. And right on cue, Allie walks into the room. Pete scowls at her, but she smiles in return.

"Hey! I heard you woke up and I wanted to come see you immediately!" she beams, running over to hug me. I smile and squeeze her back, happy to finally have someone normal to talk to.

"I'm so glad you're here, Allie! This Pete guy keeps trying to tell me that he's my husband!" I laugh.

"Well that's because he is," Allie glances at Pete, then quickly corrects herself. "I mean he's totally not! I don't know why he would tell you such a ridiculous lie! You're my husband and I love you!"

"I love you, too, baby!" I say proudly.

"You do?" she asks, almost in disbelief.

"Of course!"

"I'm sorry, it's just that I haven't heard you say that in such a long time. It's so amazing to hear you say those words to me again," Allie explains, smirking at Pete who scoffs angrily. What's his problem?

"I bet! Was I seriously in a coma for four months?" I ask.

"Yeah, baby, you were," Allie answers sorrowfully, "but you're okay now and that's all that matters." I smile and she leans in to kiss me. I happily kiss her back. Long and passionately. She climbs onto my lap, straddling my waist as our lips manage to stay in contact. Her fingers tangle in my now long hair and she moans hungrily against my mouth. She then kisses down my jaw to my neck, leaving a trail of love bites, and acquiring a low moan from me. Allie begins to grind on top of me, and I'm sure that by now she can feel my growing erection against her thigh.

"Patrick, I need you to know that you're making a huge mistake," I hear Pete croak in between sniffles.

I pull away from Allie to say, "Seriously, Pete? Why the fuck are you still here?"

"Don't worry, I was just leaving!" He finishes gathering his belongings and stomps out of the room, slamming the door loudly behind him.

"What's up with him?" I ask Allie, figuring she knows more about him than I do.

"I don't know, he has a thing for you, but he's a total dick. You wouldn't be into him even if you weren't married to me," she replies.

"Oh, okay," I say before pulling her lips back to mine so we can finish where we left off. The kiss doesn't last long, though. She pulls away and I whimper from the loss of contact.

Allie presses her index finger to my lips and says, "Shh. Not right now, baby. Let's wait until we get home, okay?" She kisses my cheek and stands up.

When she does, the doctor walks in with a smile. He looks at Allie, appearing to be confused as to why she's here instead of Pete, but he doesn't question it. Instead, he continues on with his routine, running a few test before allowing me to be sent home.

I'm shaking with giddiness, excited to finally go home and make love to my beautiful wife.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Note:

Sorry this is a bit of a shorter chapter, but I want to update as much as possible before I'm not able to every day. I hope you are all enjoying it so far!

Thanks for reading!