Chapter 5

Just gonna update a second time today. Have nothing else to do. But uh yeah! This is Jailyn and Josiah's mom!
_____________________________

Kaz was already there waiting. I guess Junior was driving slow. Anyway, we walked in, both smiling. Kaz said, "I guess you two are good now. Care to tell me what happened?"

"Uhhh, yeah. And nah, it was nothing important. Don't worry, we're friends again." Junior said, smiling at me. I smiled back. "Best friends." I corrected him. We smiled at each other.

"So what kinda frozen yogurt are you gonna get, Jai? You've been here before right?" Kaz asked. "Yeah, I always get cake batter, then I get fudge brownies as my topping. Sometimes oreos too. I love this place. I come here with Josiah every other weekend. It's like our sibling bonding time. I even have a rewards card." I pulled it out, excitedly. They both laughed.

"Well someone's excited." Junior commented. "I guess. I just really like frozen yogurt. Especially this place." I smiled like a little kid. I walked to get a cup for my fro-yo. I felt those four eyes again, but this time I turned around.

"Guys," I said just to mess with them. I soon as I turned around, they jumped, lifting their heads. They were trying to act like they weren't looking at my butt. I mean, you can look, as long as you don't touch. But, it's fun to mess with people.

I laughed again, turning around to the cake batter dispenser. When I got how much I wanted I walked to the toppings bar, and grabbed my fudge brownies. Goodness, I love fudge brownies. After I got how much I wanted, I walked to the register, and sat my cup on the scale.

"That'll be $3.56" she said sticking my spoon in the cup. Just then, Kaz came up behind me, and sat his cup on the scale. "We're paying together." He said. "Thank you, Kaz, but you don't have to." I smiled looking at him. "I want to." You don't have to tell me twice.

I put my money away, and took my Menchies card out. "I'm taking these points, by the way." I said to Kaz, who started to laugh. "Okay, well that'll be $8.34." He handed her a $10 bill, and I quickly counted out 34 cents. "So, it'll be even." The Menchies worker said, "Thank you" She handed Kaz $2.

We sat down at an inside table, and waited for Junior. "So what kind did you get, Kaz?" I asked right before taking another bite of my delicious cake batter. "I got the chewy peanut butter cookie with reeses bits as my topping. It's really good." I looked interestingly. "Sounds good." A few seconds later Junior joined us. He smiled at me, and then appeared to be in a gaze. I blushed. "So what did you get Junior?" Kaz said ruining the moment. "Uhhh, I got watermelon sorbet and passion fruit tart, and I got gummy bears as my topping." He retorted.

"That sounds really good. I usually get two flavors, but I didn't feel like testing any today." I said. They nodded their heads, and comfortable silence fell over us, then we made small talk until we all finished.

Soon enough, it was time to go home. As soon as I thought of home, I got scared. I forgot to call my parents to tell them I missed the bus, and Kaz was going to drive me home. I can just call them when we're in the car. Phew, close one.

"You guys ready to go?" I asked politely. "Sure, I just gotta throw my cup away." Junior said. I reached for it. I often turn into Jailyn, the custodian. After getting Kaz' trash too, I walked over to the garbage and threw all of our cups away. I walked back over to the table to find a talking Kaz and a listening Junior. I don't know what they were talking about but, it obviously wasn't my business because they stopped when they realized I was coming back.

"Okay, anyway. Thanks for the ride Junior, and thanks for the yogurt Kaz." I said smiling. "No problem." Junior said looking at me way too lovingly for comfort. "Anytime," Kaz said.