Chapter 3.

It was Monday , evening time  , Diamond said she drove a little ways here because her mama was falling asleep on the wheel and she was terrified. So for those few hours I didn't talk to her and of course I was worried , she could drive but it didn't matter. On the freeway this was Diamond's first time. She called me when they stopped for gas and said her mama was sober enough to drive. She lied, she was just exhausted from driving all day.

        It was 10 p.m. the last time I heard from her . I felt relief because she said her mother was driving. I couldn't believe Ms. Teresa didn't take her daughters life into consideration. She was drinking wine coolers on her way to Shreveport. It was 12:46 a.m. to be exact when Diamond text me and said her mother was speeding and drifting to the side of the rode . I told her to tell her mama to pull over and she drive the rest of the way . She was in the back seat laying down and she said her mama wasn't drunk . That was she thought so I called and she declined my call . I got upset and said " Well fuck it then don't tell me the shit if you don't want me to handle the situation". She said " Calm down that's your problem, you always get so upset when things get bad". I was stubborn and was like fuck you I'm not texting back I got school in the morning.

It was at least 1 going on 2 o' clock when the car wreck happened. When we got to the hospital I didn't know a thing until I saw her . My eyes filled with tears , my heart shattered , and my mind shutdown. I couldn't stop crying, until she said " Chris shut yo ugly self up " and she started laughing. I had a bit of relief " when I looked at her that relief disappeared instantly . I said "Does it hurt she said a lil bit I'm high as fuck , ooh shit " . I laughed so hard till my tears of sadness turned into ones of joy .

We talked for so long , what I didn't know was that this conversation was our last one . We talked about everything and in time doctors came to tell me to go sit in the waiting room. She told me before I walked out " Give me a kiss ". I gave her one and I got blood on my lip she laughed and said " juicy ain't it, and mama said I could come live with yall ". happiness rushed throughout my entire body. She said " I love you baby be waiting on me " and before I could say it back the doctors pushed me out the room . I was infuriated, I wanted to whoop that doctor ass .

I cried when I got the news about Ms. Teresa. She didn't have on a seat belt when she swerved in front of the diesel truck . So when it hit her small mustang , she flew out the window and died on impact. Diamond she was in the backseat laying down and they had to cut her leg off to get her out the car . Morning had come and I had fell asleep because I was crying so much . Doctors gave my mama the info first . That was the first time I ever seen my mama scream out in tears . Me seeing that I automatically assumed the worse so I started crying. I asked the doctor he said she didnt make it .

Only thing that went through my mind was that she was " GONE FOREVER " .