Chapter 2.

We rode to the church quietly exchanging glances to see if one another was looking at each other. I didn't like how we didn't say anything , how she sat there beside me and pretended to be ok with this . So I decided to be the bigger person and apologize. " look I know you probably upset with me and to be honest I really don't give a fuck " , and before I could finish she hugged me as tight as she could . She said " I'm sorry , I was wrong, and I love you, lets move on from this . So we got out the car , and we waited a good 40 minutes for her mama to arrive and here she came .

     She got out the car with a bottle of Hennessy, and was chugging it like water . She wobbled back and forth moving towards the doors of the church . When we walked in it was time to view the body . Ms. Teresa broke down in front  of the casket . People were trying to comfort her but she was fighting pushing people cursing saying " get the fuck back , leave me alone " repeatedly. My mama was crying she said " As soon as the funeral is over we are going home because i don't time for this bullshit " . I sat there still as a lake , patiently waiting for the funeral to be over . When the Paster gave the benediction we left . I gave Diamond a hug and a kiss because she told us she wasn't  going with us . We left and she stayed with her mama at the get together her family was having. She texted me and said she wanted to come home her mama was embarrassing her .

She said her great uncle Jerome , he tried to take her to the restroom because she was vomiting on the floor and she puked in his face and said " get off me , that's what you get bitch " . Diamond had not ever seen her mama act this way because she never really got drunk. They said Sunday she sobered up and went to church and apologized for her behavior and told everyone how thankful she is for them and that she loves them . Diamond still hated the fact that she acted that way and said i should've went with you all. She said after church and her apology speech , her mama started drinking again. She said that she stayed at her aunt Helen and uncle Jerome house while her mama went out and got sloppy drunk. The next day she came back still highly intoxicated and told Diamond to come on because they were finna go .

This next situation changed my life forever.