The Girl in Black Wedges

She was a peculiar girl.

Her waist-length hair was always styled fashionably and it always suited her pixie-like face. She was a small creature, but she wore black wedges to make her height seem taller than it actually was.

She was hypnotic, especially when she was talking to other people. A short glance at her eyes, the caramel, dark chocolate mix that looked so sweet, could bring anyone to their knees.

Andi. That was her name.

To human eyes, Andi would be a gorgeous high-schooler. To those who weren't, Andi would be a fae, or at least, part of her had fae blood.

The simple explanation of what I am would be to say that I was something abnormal. The slightly complicated explanation was that I was half-angel and that was the reason I could sense the deviant energy from Andi, or maybe she just wasn't good at concealing herself in human communities.

During lunch breaks, she wandered the school for a couple of minutes before sitting on a bench in the center of campus grounds, watching the fountain as she ate whatever her lunch was. I didn't stalk her, I swear. I just happen to see her do the routine more than one occasion and assumed that was her pattern. Besides, every time I did see her, her back was turned to me and I could see the fairytale-like way her hair flitted through the afternoon breeze.

I thought that this would continue on for the rest of high school, but one day, we bumped into each other and she looked me in the eyes for a solid five seconds. I couldn't pull myself away, and I nearly sighed when her lips curled into a smirk, then turned into a darling smile.

"Excuse me, Seth," she practically purred, before walking off to god knows where.

It's been two weeks. I haven't been able to get her out of my mind. It was torture.

______________________________________________________________________________

Andi Rivera glided over the floors of the school hallway lightly, her wedge-clad feet barely making a sound against the yellow linoleum. After the school bell rang to let the kids out for the day, she had already been out the door, quick to avoid the other students. She barely paid any attention to her surroundings, yet every action was predicted and careful.

As her hand rose up to push open the school doors, someone caught her by the shoulder, pulling her back effectively.

"Andi, we need to talk."

The voice was business-like, leaving no room for discussion. Andi turned slowly, a cheshire grin painted on her lips.

"Afternoon, Seth," she chirped, a giggle bubbling up her throat.

Seth ignored her greeting, pulled her arm to drag them to a secluded place, then let her go. He crossed his arms over his chest as she regained her composure, and scoffed to himself when she cracked her neck. Andi stretched her arms upward, giving him a show of her pierced belly button, along with what appeared to be ends of a tattoo.

"You lasted longer than the others, Seth. You aren't what you look like, are you?"

Her tone sounded malicious, darker than how she normally talked to others at school. Andi glared at him playfully, her eyes glowing a red color until she blinked.

"What did you do to me?" he was almost scared to ask the question.

"Oh, honey, it's what you did to yourself," Andi retorted, blowing a piece of hair out of her face. "You were attracted to me."

Seth grew red-faced. "I was not!"

Andi rolled her eyes at him and licked her lips. "My grandmother cursed anyone that shows even the least bit of attraction to me to fall madly in love."