Chapter One; Moving

"Zachary!" my aunt yells from the kitchen, "come get your breakfast! It's going to get cold!"

About thirty seconds later my thirteen year old brother runs into the kitchen and sits at the table across from me.

Zachary is my brother. He's thirteen, and I can't help but think he's somewhat depressed. We live with our aunt and her name is Stephanie.

The whole "parents" situation is a long story that doesn't need to be told just yet.

Zachary faintly remembers our parents. They both left when he was just three, and I was five, except I remember them. And I know what happened to them. Zachary just found out, and he's totally depressed. His life probably feels just as incomplete as mine. Since we were so young, we started living with Stephanie. Stephanie has been here for me since the start. I love her so much and she's the most supportive person ever. I feel bad for Zachary, though. Having to live with two girls.

"I found a house in L.A.," I tell Steph, while taking a bite of my toast.

"Oh yeah? Is it big?"  She asks.

I shrug, "it's average. It's in a really safe neighborhood though. And it's right next to a beach."

"That's a long drive from here to L.A., you know that, right?"

I nod, "I know. But when I went there with Megan it was amazing. We both loved it. And we have a more likely chance for pursuing our passions of acting and singing."

We babble a bit more about the house. We currently live in Sacramento, California. It's cold here, and warm in L.A.

"When do you have to move in by?"

"Are you saying we can live there?!" I jump up in excitement.

She laughs and nods, "Yes! But when do you have to move in by?"

I sit back down, "within three weeks of buying it. Which Megan and I would like to move in as soon as possible."

After calling Megan and telling her that my aunt said yes, we instantly bought it.

Megan is my best friend. We've been friends since first grade, and we're going to be roommates. Which is great and I'm absolutely ecstatic.

We had scheduled a trip to L.A. in one week, but since we're moving into the apartment, we're going to bring our stuff there and move in. Megan has a really big van, and that's going to be enough space. We settled on buying new furniture and stuff there.

Maybe I'll find someone to complete my life.