Chapter Six; Breaking Up

I wake up the next day and I don't have breakfast. I haven't had breakfast since we moved here, because we haven't gone grocery shopping.

I quickly get dressed and I hop in the car and drive to the grocery store. Megan had made me a list yesterday, so I just had to follow it.

I wake in, being greeted by one of the cashiers.

I smile and head straight for the ice cream. 

"Louis? What are you doing here?" I see his caramel brown hair at the end of the ice cream aisle.

He turns his head towards me and his eyes are red and puffy.

I ditched the shopping cart and run up to him.

"Louis, what happened?" I put one of my hands on his shoulder.

He sniffs, "I can't date her anymore."

"Who?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Eleanor. I can't date her. It's not the same anymore," he depressingly looks down.

"Louis, you can come home with me and talk if you want. I just have to finish up shopping," I suggest. He looks up at me and nods. I smile and tell him to follow me. Even Louis crying is still attractive. Jesus, I never knew how hot these boys actually were.

After shopping, we go to my place. Megan isn't home, but she left me a note saying she went to the beach. Probably looking for friends. But I don't know why she wouldn't let me tag along. I shrug and set the note down.

I sit on the couch, and Louis instantly starts pacing back and forth.

"Just tell me what's wrong," I sigh.

He sniffs, "she's totally different. She doesn't seem interested anymore. And I... I think I like someone else. And I feel horrible saying that, but I can't help it! Eleanor just doesn't seem interested in me anymore. She told me she even had coffee with another boy! What the hell? After that she came home and didn't talk for me for the rest of the day. I think she's cheating on me," he finishes.

"Louis, sit down," I say and pat the spot next to me.

He looks at me and I look at him, "if you feel like this is a forced relationship, drop it."

He nods, but we keep staring at each other.

He slowly starts leaning in, and I do too.

"No, we can't. You're dating Eleanor," I say and push my back.

"I'm breaking up with her," he pleads.

"Then break up with her first. But we're not doing this while you're in a relationship. And I'm not going to be some hook up."

He pulls his phone out of his pocket and dials some number. He stands up and talks into the phone, "Eleanor. Please come to this address," he says and gives her my address. 

He hangs up and looks at me,"I hope you don't mind I'm doing this here."

I shrug, "it's fine."

About five minutes later there's a knock at the door. I go to open it, which reveals Eleanor I assume.

I point to the living room, and she just walks right in.

I stay in the kitchen, which isn't too far from the living room, but I didn't want it to seem like I was a super visor or something.

"You what?!" I suddenly hear Eleanor yell.

"I'm sorry," Louis says.

"I'm your girlfriend!" She shouts.

"Really? You haven't been acting like a good one. You had lunch with a boy Eleanor. You didn't talk to me for the rest of the day! We're over Eleanor," he finishes.

"It's because of her, isn't it?" She says and I soon hear her foot steps. Oh shit.

"You! You asshole! Trying to take my boyfriend away from me?" She stomps over to me and pushes me out of my damn stool.

I fall on the floor, making a big thud noise.

"Eleanor! You can't just do tha-" Louis says before she interrupts him.

"You stay away from my boyfriend," she spits.

"He's not even your boyfriend! You're insane!" I yell and quickly stand up.

"Yes he is!" She yells and goes to slap me, but I catch her wrist before it hits my cheek.

"Leave my house and leave Louis alone," I say and point to the door. She tries to not look defeated by standing up tall, but you can tell she's upset.

She slams the door, and speeds out of my driveway.

"Oh my god. Presley, are you okay?" He takes my hand in his.

I nod, "I'm fine. She's insane."

He gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Almost as as insane as my dad," I mumble.

He looks at me, "what?"

I look at him, "what? Nothing."