Chapter Three; Campfire Songs

It's currently 9:00 p.m. and it's pitch black outside, minus the orange fire that's lighting up our faces.

We're all sitting in a circle on beach chairs. Megan was on my right and Niall was on my left. Next to Megan was Louis, (which she was freaking out about) and next to Louis is Harry, who is say right across from me. And then Liam which he's in the middle of Niall and Harry.

"Let's sing campfire songs!" Niall exclaims.

"One, I suck at singing. Two, I don't know any campfire songs and three, is that just an excuse to show off your voice?" I laugh.

He looks at me and smiles, "one, I'm sure you're not that bad and this isn't a talent show so who cares! Two, we can just sing regular songs, and three, maybe."

"Let's do it!" Megan cuts in.

"What songs?" Louis asks.

It's silent, until I start humming Cool For the Summer by Demi Lovato. It's an overplayed song, but it's great.

"What's that song?" Harry asks. Megan and I instantly look at each other and start singing it.

"Take me down into your paradise

Don't be scared because I'm your body type

Just something that we wanna try

'Cause you and I

We're cool for the summer!" We sing and shout.

The boys laugh and clap. Megan and I fall back in our chairs and just laugh at our stupidity.

"Do you guys actually sing?" Louis furrows his eyebrows. Damn, his hot too.

"Megan does. I've taken vocals for five years, but I rather act," I shrug.

After we all talk about pointless things for a bit, we all drift into our own little parties of two.

Megan talks to Louis, Niall and Liam talk, and then that leave Harry and I. We weren't actually talking, more like just staring at each other.

We sit there and stare and smile at each other until Harry gets up and walks over to me.

"So, tell me about yourself," he smirks and sits down in Megan's chair. Now, she practically melting in Louis' arms.

"Uh, I'm 21. Megan and I just moved here from Sacramento. This is actually only our second day here. I want to write a book and I want to act. I also like the color black. It's a good color," I smile.

He returns the smile, "you seem cool. We're hanging out after this night."

I nod, "okay. Give me your phone."

I hold out my hand and he openly gives me his phone. I type my number in it and give it back.

"It's getting late, and I'm tired," Niall says.

I nod, "it was nice meeting you guys. I hope we hang out soon. C'mon Megan."

She rolls her eyes at me and waves goodbye to Louis before walking over to me.

We wave goodbye, and grab our penny boards and roll back home.

What a night.

When we get home, I run into my bathroom that connects to my room. I strip out of my clothes and turn on the shower.

I step in, finding the warm drops of water hitting my back relaxing. Today, was a whole bunch of crazy. I met one direction. I wasn't a huge fan of them, but what a coincidence. And the fact that they actually wanted to hang out with us is unbelievable.

I wash my hair and rinse the shampoo out. After a bit more of contemplating everything, I step out.

One thing I felt tonight was

Complete.

*the next day*

I wake up at a somewhat decent time this morning, which is good. I walk downstairs to see Megan sitting on the couch watching Netflix while eating cereal.

"Hey," I say and take a seat next to her.

"I talked to Louis today," she smiles.

"Oh yeah? About what?" I smirk.

"I don't know. Stupid things. They want to have lunch with us today. I told him it was fine."

I nod, "that's cool. Are we meeting them somewhere or are they picking us up?"

"Meeting them at some café."

I get up and walk back upstairs to change my clothes for lunch.

I wear blue jeans, a grey sweatshirt with my black vans. I put my hair up in a messy bun sort of thing and I decide to wear my glasses. Yes, I have glasses. They're the basic need glasses. My bangs rest on the frames of my glasses. I look... decent?

"C'mon! Let's go!" I hear Megan shout from downstairs. I run down the stairs, and being the clumsy mess I am I almost trip and fall halfway down the stairs.

We hop in the car and turn on the radio. For it being noon, they have good music on the radio. One of my favorite songs come on and I turn up the volume drastically and start singing horribly.

"I'm in the business of misery

Let's take it from the top

She's got a body like an hourglass

It's ticking like a clock!" I yell

Megan laughs so hard, which almost caused us to run into a telephone pole, but we didn't so that's good news!

"We're here!" Megan says with a smile. We pull into a small little café. Not many people were here, probably fifteen cars.

We walk in, and see four boys sitting at a booth with sunglasses on. There's two brunettes, a blonde, and one with curly hair. It's them. I start to get butterflies in my stomach when I see Harry. This feeling is so... foreign. It's almost like a wave of adrenaline just washed over me.

We walk up to the booth and Megan and I sit on the ends. She sits on the side with Harry and Niall. I'm on the side with Liam and Louis.

We all talk about pointless things, but I wouldn't know because I was too busy looking at Harry... practically the whole time. Sorry?

I feel like our time together was only five minutes, but apparently it was an hour.

Everyone starts to get up, but Harry walks over to me.

"I saw you looking at me," he says lowly so only I could hear.

I stare intently at him, before the heat rose to my cheeks and I looked down.

He tilts my chin up, causing me to look at him. He winks and walks away.

Complete.